Twitter: Cowboys call up LB Covington

Kaiser

Reaction score
I thought Covington would make the 53 along with Cedric Wilson. Now cut Adam Redmond to resign Cedric Wilson and my week will be complete.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I've always believed the more weapons a team has at its disposal, and the more weapons opposing defenses have to worry about, the better. Of course, opposing defenses aren't going to game plan for Olawale, but that makes him valuable as an occasional option when opponents aren't expecting it.
exactly that deep pass failed to hi but him open that far downfield and they threw it to him, makes a defense have to at least think about it..

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
exactly that deep pass failed to hi but him open that far downfield and they threw it to him, makes a defense have to at least think about it..
Yeah somebody has to account for him. The more the better

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
A team might have been trying to sign Covington off of the PS. The team brought up Jarwin a couple of years ago because the Eagles were trying to get him off of the PS.

I do know that last week before Washington played Philly, they signed two guys off of the Eagles Practice squad. However, that was before week 1 when most teams were still tweaking their roster.

You never know though.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting. Don't see the need unless he's a better special-teammer than Chunn.

Last season Covington was pretty good on ST's. Also Gifford is still injured. As well, Lee missed practice time because of his knee last week.

I expect Covington will be released once Gifford is good to go, and Quinn is ready to return.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Last season Covington was pretty good on ST's. Also Gifford is still injured. As well, Lee missed practice time because of his knee last week.

I expect Covington will be released once Gifford is good to go, and Quinn is ready to return.

That's possible. He's still sixth in the linebacker pecking order as far as I can see behind Thomas and March, so I don't see carrying him for position as much of a reason.

If they consider him better on special teams than Chunn or if he plays on more units, then it makes sense to me. Otherwise, it's just shuffling bodies.

I do think he's the obvious low man on the totem pole when Quinn is activated, unless we are truly seeking to get rid of Charlton.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahh I did. As far as I'm concerned if we're going to have a fullback then utilize him, let him block, and give him a couple run/pass plays here and there. I actually would like us to make him the only running back in the backfield every once in a while like Oakland did sometimes. If that's our actual plan to use him that way, then I really like it and I'm cool with just having him/Zeke/Pollard.
No, he simply wasn't offered the same opportunity under Linehan that he will be with Moore. Let's see how that works out.
Last year I questioned it, but his value this year is better under the expanded playbook. He is fast and a good blocker and had 41 pass receptions for 438 yds with 3 TDs in college. Certainly worth a look.