Twitter: Cowboys call up LB Covington

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Last year I questioned it, but his value this year is better under the expanded playbook. He is fast and a good blocker and had 41 pass receptions for 438 yds with 3 TDs in college. Certainly worth a look.

Linehan was adverse to change, while Moore isn't afraid, in the least, to change things up to improve. The only reservation I might consider is that he's older now and I'm not sure he's what he once was. If Moore thinks he can do it like he used to, I would imagine he knows he can handle it. When they tried it last year, he likely wasn't exposed to it long enough to get him back into the swing of it. The ability is there but I think the reps weren't. ;)

Last edited:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Linehan was adverse to change, while Moore isn't afraid, in the least, to change things up to improve. The only reservation I might consider is that he's older now and I'm not sure he's what he once was. If Moore thinks he can do it like he used to, I would imagine he knows he can handle it. When they tried it last year, he likely wasn't exposed to it long enough to get him back into the swing of it. ;)
30 y/o - still got a couple of years in the tank at least.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
30 y/o - still got a couple of years in the tank at least.

Yep, that's what I'm counting on. I think it's the number of reps in practice that were likely lacking. That's enough to limit anyone.

If he was that good at it in college, he should still be able to handle it. The talent is there.