Twitter: Cowboys can begin Dak's contract now

phildadon86

Reaction score
So it’s NOT even 50%. Your substance abuse answers are awesome.
You realize that 50 percent would put him at the same level as Brady for wins against winning teams right? Lol. You’re not very bright. I don’t speak with people who have no idea what they are talking about. At least @CATCH17 makes sense when he posts. Good God man go read a book.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
You realize that 50 percent would put him at the same level as Brady for wins against winning teams right? Lol.

You realize Brady beat most of the teams with winning records in the playoffs right? LOL?
Dak is just behind Plummer (Who beat Brady in the playoffs!!!) but neck and neck with Teblow. LOL

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't see how that can help, to be honest. Dak isn't a great passer. He's just OK. He needs to be able to use his legs and break the pocket to be effective. You take that mobility away from him and he's probably done in the NFL.

He'll have to work at his pocket passing more, that's how it can help. If he wants another contract after this next one, assuming he gets one, and can't run that well, he'll have to become a better pocket passer.

I also agree if he can't he's probably done, but we'll see...

phildadon86

Reaction score
You realize Brady beat most of the teams with winning records in the playoffs right? LOL?
Dak is just behind Plummer (Who beat Brady in the playoffs!!!) but neck and neck with Teblow. LOL
Goal posts moved again. Go figure. And ignored.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Take the personal out of it. Look at the game numbers, look at the pressures and our 3rd down situations. That tells you all you need to know about why we lost. Yesterdays game was not about the QB. Almost any QB loses that game yesterday because our OL didn't play well. AYPP was 3.8. That's not going to get it done IMO.

Yes and add the stupid penalties, Gregory's especially, and McCarthy's failure to challenge the catch.

I simply don't understand the failure to challenge, he gets 2, if he doesn't win the challenge he's no worse off, field position-wise.

The Ghost of Garrett past strikes...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He'll have to work at his pocket passing more, that's how it can help. If he wants another contract after this next one, assuming he gets one, and can't run that well, he'll have to become a better pocket passer.

I also agree if he can't he's probably done, but we'll see...

Honestly, I don't think it's pocket presence that gets him to the next level. He needs to understand that his footwork and mechanics are everything for him. He doesn't do a real good job of putting the ball on guys so that they can make those extra yards. It's the difference between looking at 2nd and 5 or 3rd and 1 or 2nd and long and 3rd and 5. Look at the statistics of success between those down and distances in the NFL and it will show you how Dak gets to the next level. He needs to get a lot better in the Red Zone, as well. We are horrible there and we really shouldn't be. He needs to figure out how to get more out of those opportunities.

JMO

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think it's pocket presence that gets him to the next level. He needs to understand that his footwork and mechanics are everything for him. He doesn't do a real good job of putting the ball on guys so that they can make those extra yards. It's the difference between looking at 2nd and 5 or 3rd and 1 or 2nd and long and 3rd and 5. Look at the statistics of success between those down and distances in the NFL and it will show you how Dak gets to the next level. He needs to get a lot better in the Red Zone, as well. We are horrible there and we really shouldn't be. He needs to figure out how to get more out of those opportunities.

JMO
Rarely do QBs improve passing from the pocket going from college to the pros. Even more rare is after 4 years in the NFL that QB improves in that metric.

streetcredit

Reaction score
Yes and add the stupid penalties, Gregory's especially, and McCarthy's failure to challenge the catch.

I simply don't understand the failure to challenge, he gets 2, if he doesn't win the challenge he's no worse off, field position-wise.

The Ghost of Garrett past strikes...
Garrett was smarter than this guy

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rarely do QBs improve passing from the pocket going from college to the pros. Even more rare is after 4 years in the NFL that QB improves in that metric.

I think that's mostly because they don't get the opportunity to get the coaching to improve there a lot of times. Teams just move on but that won't happen with Dak. The team will continue to work with him assuming he's signed. In the old days, QBs did improve on those kinds of things because they were developed over time, by teams. In the Salary cap era, that's not an investment a lot of teams make, which is why I believe you don't see that as much. However, an example of a QB getting much better at these aspects is Romo. He improved substantially from the time he left Eastern Illinois and becoming a starter in the NFL.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I think that's mostly because they don't get the opportunity to get the coaching to improve there a lot of times. Teams just move on but that won't happen with Dak. The team will continue to work with him assuming he's signed. In the old days, QBs did improve on those kinds of things because they were developed over time, by teams. In the Salary cap era, that's not an investment a lot of teams make, which is why I believe you don't see that as much. However, an example of a QB getting much better at these aspects is Romo. He improved substantially from the time he left Eastern Illinois and becoming a starter in the NFL.

It’s still rare. It does happen but as I said, it’s rare. And was that investment worth it instead of just drafting a QB who is already “elite” in that metric?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I love how you guys pick on one average performance as if Dak doesn't have a lot of games like that. I mean, did you see Dak's performance against the Giants before he got hurt this year?
Dalton had far more than one average performance...he had a few bad ones too. Dalton is a solid backup quarterback. Anyone that says otherwise isn't being truthful.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
That's because Romo put in the time. He was reported to be the last player to leave the facility every day. Where's dak at? I've never heard of him putting in this time. I could be wrong but I haven't heard that. All I ever heard was how Garrett use to beat him in throwing challenges.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Dalton had far more than one average performance...he had a few bad ones too. Dalton is a solid backup quarterback. Anyone that says otherwise isn't being truthful.
And Dak has plenty of those too? The point is, these people shut the hell up the last few weeks, and now they want to pretend yesterday proves something. It's stupid.