Twitter: Cowboys can begin Dak's contract now

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Dak is likely going to get a one-year franchise. If he wants a long-term deal, he's going to get shafted on the amount.

And that's to be expected - he's coming off a season-ending injury. Throwing crazy money at him would be crazy.

I have no problem paying him $40M a year if he's a $40M a year player, but prove it on the field and deliver us a deep playoff run.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He needs to be signed before FA gets here. If he plays on the tag again, forget any FA's, possibly even keeping some of our own.
If he does not sign, then screw him, let him walk, we get a 3rd round comp. And at 10 we can draft one of the 7 top QB's. And we sign some FA's also.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure no team would sign a player while that player was recovering from a major injury and on IR for most of the season.
But this is the Cowboys so.....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is likely going to get a one-year franchise. If he wants a long-term deal, he's going to get shafted on the amount.

And that's to be expected - he's coming off a season-ending injury. Throwing crazy money at him would be crazy.

I have no problem paying him $40M a year if he's a $40M a year player, but prove it on the field and deliver us a deep playoff run.

Dak never asked for 40 million. 35 million was what he wanted.

Talking about 40 million when it was 35 million is the crazy part. But why stop at 40 million? Why not really make it sound ridiculous and make it 50 million?

Havic

Reaction score
Id like to see him sign a 5 year 35 mil avg contract or if he has to have a 4 year then needs to be for less money.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He needs to be signed before FA gets here. If he plays on the tag again, forget any FA's, possibly even keeping some of our own.
If he does not sign, then screw him, let him walk, we get a 3rd round comp. And at 10 we can draft one of the 7 top QB's. And we sign some FA's also.

GREAT plan.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

In a way I kind of feel sorry for Dak,, sucks that he got hurt,, that happens,, but he should have been a little bit more aware of who was whispering in his ear.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
If Jerry gives Dak a massive multi year deal after that injury, he’s the dumbest GM in the history of sports. Dak will play on the franchise tag again. FACT

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Don't forget who is negotiating.

They have not gave themselves any leverage at all.

The Zeke deal is how they operate.

Jimmy Johnson said that the Dallas Cowboys are a country club and Dak is very much apart of that country club so they will eventually cave to his country club price tag.

Batman1980

Reaction score

So you didn't see Andy Dalton crap the bed in the most important game of the season?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do it Dallas..

You will be applauded.. It's smart.. The right thing to do.

Give him 37-40 million over a 5 year period.. This is how you get fans to applaud you while you keep us mediocre.

Better than your dumb suggestion that we sign Dalton.