Cowboys cap situation

Loso86

Reaction score
As much as, Cap Boy talks about the cap and saving cap dollars...why the hell is he always over? Get a real GM in Dallas and stop the charade of either Jones being a GM.

No Real GMs go on vacation at the start of FA, just be owners to stop playing make believe cause everyone knows they don't really do any football work.
Lol everybody always says get a real gm....WHO DO YALL THINK IS GOING TO HIRE ONE. LOL the Jones own everything

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
When they sign Daniel Jones at 35-40 million per and Barkley at 14-15 per that will dry up
Precisely.
Cap space right now is fully dependent upon what you have signed and what you have "scheduled" to restructure.
Dallas will create 40-45M but also have a lot of guys to sign/holes to fill. --moves coming with Dak/Zeke/DLaw/Zach/Tyron
--Pollard, Schultz, Steele, LVE all FA starters.

NYG has a ton of space but wants to compete and needs to resign the QB and potentially their star RB.

Philly has some cap space but hasn't extended Hurts yet and PRE extended guys so has few levers left to flip.

WFT doesn't have any clue so will be ignored for now.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Even if they sign those 2 the cap hits will not be the numbers you presented but structured in a way to allow the Giants to bring in some quality free agents. The fact of the matter is the Eagles, Giants, and Washington have shown signs of catching Dallas in terms of talent....and this season will be even more competitive.

Dallas 2023 opponents: Giants (x2), Eagles (x2), Washington (x2), Lions, Rams, Patriots, Jets, Seahawks, Cardinals, Bills, Panthers, Chargers, Dolphins, 49ers

Do not expect another 12-5 season in 2023 with that schedule....lucky if double digits.

Come on man lol….it’s January. We have no idea what injuries or offseason moves any of these teams will make. Way too early to make predictions in either direction for the team.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
I am not afraid of our division. This team is built to beat them. Our Defense will only improve. We have 2 quality TE if we lose Shultz. Elliot will restructure and take a pay cut. Dak may and others will restructure. Anyone know how much the cap goes up this year. We are fine.
restructure Dak? do you think that is easy? this only create more deadth money to years to come and, Dak will count 52M on 2024 , they need to rework the contract or he want's to go and negoiate a trade after 1 june, to free 30M this and next year, Dak with his current contract that runs until 2024, in 2025 he will still be billing and will cost 21M without being under contract, due to restructuring. do you want more restructuring?

and remember that Dak refused to sign a contract for more than 4 years., he needs to go, and today is the best opportunity,

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
They can create $32 million of space by restructuring Dak and cutting Zeke alone; and that doesn't even factor in all the other moves they can make with the contracts of Tyron Smith, D-Law, Zack Martin, etc..

Every year there is so much hand wringing about cap space and nothing ever changes. Last year Dallas was $27 million under and didn't spend any of it anyway.
That's the problem.
We don't have the Right GM in place to spend the money wisely.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You really think JJ will cut him. Not up to MM or anyone else. He restructures and takes a pay cut he will be kept. Pollard will be here too and I have a feeling we draft a stud..
He completely sucks So Yah. It’s a no brainer. Wouldn’t want him on for minimum.

i wouldn’t pay pollard top money either.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Man, how mad would everyone be right now if we had gone willy nilly and signed every big name free agent we could have signed on 22?

Just be like the Rams, they said.
Mad! Are you serious!!!!

If we had went out and got a stud DT or Hassan Reddick or Ladarius Smith? Maybe one more piece.

Maybe we are going to the Superbowl, not Philly!!!!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Wow, you never learn do you? Still riding the zeke train that has already crashed and burned.
Are you even joking. Do you think I think he needs to be here or should be here. This man gave his best years to us and I am thankful. It’s JJ who is sentimental and keeps players longer than we should. I am getting ready for what’s likely going to happen. Nothing more. Me… I draft a stud in later rounds. Or 2. If Pollard is ok then I tag him unless a 3 year deal is cheaper. You get 4 years of quality play from a RB. How long have we been using Pollard. He had a major foot injury last year. Now this illegal tackle breaks his leg. I just want a aggressive better O-Line..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Are you even joking. Do you think I think he needs to be here or should be here. This man gave his best years to us and I am thankful. It’s JJ who is sentimental and keeps players longer than we should. I am getting ready for what’s likely going to happen. Nothing more. Me… I draft a stud in later rounds. Or 2. If Pollard is ok then I tag him unless a 3 year deal is cheaper. You get 4 years of quality play from a RB. How long have we been using Pollard. He had a major foot injury last year. Now this illegal tackle breaks his leg. I just want a aggressive better O-Line..
I’m just baffled at your misguided loyalty to zeke over the team.

im for paying the line not the back. Can’t afford to pay backs. See eagles as model.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He completely sucks So Yah. It’s a no brainer. Wouldn’t want him on for minimum.

i wouldn’t pay pollard top money either.
Pollard won’t be the same in 2 years. He may not be the same this coming year. I tag him if I keep him. Dak will restructure. He will save us some money along with others. Have a feeling Elliot will still be here. Just a opinion. Don’t hate on me for it. We are on the same team..

Proof

Reaction score
Man, how mad would everyone be right now if we had gone willy nilly and signed every big name free agent we could have signed on 22?

Just be like the Rams, they said.
Von miller or Bobby Wagner was about the extent of it. Von priced himself out, but Wagner wouldve been an incredible fit and may still be playing with that simple addition.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I’m just baffled at your misguided loyalty to zeke over the team.

im for paying the line not the back. Can’t afford to pay backs. See eagles as model.
Again. NOT LOYAL. DONT CARE JUST KNOW JJ. He will try to keep him. I would have not signed him when he sat out 2 years early for a contract..

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
They can create $32 million of space by restructuring Dak and cutting Zeke alone; and that doesn't even factor in all the other moves they can make with the contracts of Tyron Smith, D-Law, Zack Martin, etc..

Every year there is so much hand wringing about cap space and nothing ever changes. Last year Dallas was $27 million under and didn't spend any of it anyway.
Restructure Zeke? How about goodbye, Zeke?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If
Pollard won’t be the same in 2 years. He may not be the same this coming year. I tag him if I keep him. Dak will restructure. He will save us some money along with others. Have a feeling Elliot will still be here. Just a opinion. Don’t hate on me for it. We are on the same team..
If we keep him, tag him. Maybe tag and trade.

if zeke is here any hope is lost

Proof

Reaction score
Even if they sign those 2 the cap hits will not be the numbers you presented but structured in a way to allow the Giants to bring in some quality free agents. The fact of the matter is the Eagles, Giants, and Washington have shown signs of catching Dallas in terms of talent....and this season will be even more competitive.

Dallas 2023 opponents: Giants (x2), Eagles (x2), Washington (x2), Lions, Rams, Patriots, Jets, Seahawks, Cardinals, Bills, Panthers, Chargers, Dolphins, 49ers

Do not expect another 12-5 season in 2023 with that schedule....lucky if double digits.
no they haven't lol. neither roster (giants commanders) is close to as talented as ours. could they close the gap? absolutely, but have not shown signs of catching them outside of drafting high.

CWR

Reaction score
Unless you're adamjt don't come at me.

Seriously though, this number doesn't mean much. In fact I doubt it even accounts for moving Daks money towards the void years. There are a lot of paper moves to make before we have a clue as to where we actually stand.