Cowboys Centers (Biadasz & Farniok) vs Broncos

Which Center performed better against the Broncos?

• Tyler Biadasz

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Matt Farniok

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes, TB has taken every snap at Center, yet Stephen and McCarthy both verified to the media how Farniok would be alternating 1st team reps in camp, which he has. Judging by this thread's tape and the same game's full tape (YouTube), Farniok was flawless while Biadasz made some mistakes. If Biadasz keeps committing costly mistakes, don't be surprised on a switch.
I'll say this....Farinok 'looks' bigger, stronger and more athletic than Biadasz.

I can't speak to technique for the most part, and I'm not sure how much the team will value experience.

I wonder if they even view center of as much of a question mark as some fans do. Then again, if Biadasz is viewed as a no doubt starter, would he have played so much, or at all, on Saturday?

What I know is this....last year, the entire offense took a nosedive at the exact time Biadasz' play did the same. That happened at the same time McGovern took over for Williams, but didn't revert back once that situation was reversed.

I honestly don't know what to make of Biadasz, but usually you'd see any big jump in between years one and two (Farinok) as opposed to two and three (Biadasz).

I do think it's a big deal to get this right. My biggest worry by far with this team is the OL, and center play is a massive part of that. The run game took a huge hit with the loss of Fred and we are still feeling it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'll say this....Farinok 'looks' bigger, stronger and more athletic than Biadasz.

I can't speak to technique for the most part, and I'm not sure how much the team will value experience.

I wonder if they even view center of as much of a question mark as some fans do. Then again, if Biadasz is viewed as a no doubt starter, would he have played so much, or at all, on Saturday?

What I know is this....last year, the entire offense took a nosedive at the exact time Biadasz' play did the same. That happened at the same time McGovern took over for Williams, but didn't revert back once that situation was reversed.

I honestly don't know what to make of Biadasz, but usually you'd see any big jump in between years one and two (Farinok) as opposed to two and three (Biadasz).

I do think it's a big deal to get this right. My biggest worry by far with this team is the OL, and center play is a massive part of that. The run game took a huge hit with the loss of Fred and we are still feeling it.
:hammer::hammer:

kskboys

Reaction score

I've been waiting paitently on Biadasz, but at this point I'll have to conclude that he's quiet simply better utilized as a backup. Which fits his draft position anyway.

kskboys

Reaction score
Farniok played some Center in college, and we drafted him to play Center, so I assume he's being groomed to take over.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought only I felt this way. Its' strange because I absolutely love that a former scout is covering the team but I absolutely am confused by his track record and takes.

I wanted to fact check myself to see if I'm crazy and welp... the first "bryan broaddus says" result on google is him saying Dak Prescott has to prove he deserves his next contract from 2018.
So basically he agreed with the dumbest Stephen Jones take ever and the one that has cost Dallas at least 10M a season in cap cash.
That take is and always was just so illogical and goofy it is hard to respect any football person who has it.
Yes, I thought the concept of a former scout in the media was a great idea way back when Randy Galloway started having Broaddus as a guest.

When Broaddus took the job at dc.com, Galloway tried it with another former scout and he might have been even worse.
- I can't remember the guy's name. Maybe Walt and he had a nickname something like Big Tex.
- His top contributions were usually (We want a guy that'll 'bust em in the mouth').

Broaddus is just does not understand how to use logic.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yes, I thought the concept of a former scout in the media was a great idea way back when Randy Galloway started having Broaddus as a guest.

When Broaddus took the job at dc.com, Galloway tried it with another former scout and he might have been even worse.
- I can't remember the guy's name. Maybe Walt and he had a nickname something like Big Tex.
- His top contributions were usually (We want a guy that'll 'bust em in the mouth').

Broaddus is just does not understand how to use logic.
My first HS Head coach was Bill Hitt. He was a Dallas Cowboys scout at the same time and thereafter.
Bill worked as a scout for 40 years for the Dallas Cowboys.
Really good dude.

With BB it has been hard to tell when he is trying to flex media chops and go all "thin blue line" protecting his new media brethren versus when he actually has football points.
I enjoy his old stories but the logic on his takes often does not hold up.
then you look at his 2019 big board for DC.com and it's pretty bad after nailing Nick Bosa.
Top 100: Bryan Broaddus Reveals His Big Board (dallascowboys.com)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Farniok is the better center of the two. On the first play in the video we see Badiasz not getting up to the second level quick enough. And that's always been my knock on Badiasz. He doesn't move fast enough.

On the interception play we see a miscommunication between center and left guard. It's the centers job to communicate with the guys next to him whose blocking who. That communication is designed to stop a guy from running free right up the middle. So if Tyler missed that block then Badiasz didn't communicate with him effectively enough. Making sure everybody up front gets blocked is a sentence job...he needs to communicate better.

Farniok is the better of the two.
Farniok is the better center of the two. On the first play in the video we see Badiasz not getting up to the second level quick enough. And that's always been my knock on Badiasz. He doesn't move fast enough.

On the interception play we see a miscommunication between center and left guard. It's the centers job to communicate with the guys next to him whose blocking who. That communication is designed to stop a guy from running free right up the middle. So if Tyler missed that block then Badiasz didn't communicate with him effectively enough. Making sure everybody up front gets blocked is a sentence job...he needs to communicate better.

Farniok is the better of the two.

Biadasz is the starter.

for many reasons.

mostly because he is a better football player.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My first HS Head coach was Bill Hitt. He was a Dallas Cowboys scout at the same time and thereafter.
Bill worked as a scout for 40 years for the Dallas Cowboys.
Really good dude.

With BB it has been hard to tell when he is trying to flex media chops and go all "thin blue line" protecting his new media brethren versus when he actually has football points.
I enjoy his old stories but the logic on his takes often does not hold up.
then you look at his 2019 big board for DC.com and it's pretty bad after nailing Nick Bosa.
Top 100: Bryan Broaddus Reveals His Big Board (dallascowboys.com)

It's funny that nobody has an issue saying that a players is slow or untalented but it is almost taboo to say that someone has a low IQ.

I've concluded that his issue is related to IQ level.

Many sports media are just clickbait trolls or ex players that might know something but just don^t put in much effort to actually review game footage.

I don't think Broaddus is trolling and I think he actually puts some effort into reviewing players. He just does not have any type of analytical reasoning skills.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Too soon for an observational conclusion.
As I say I come to conclusion based on information at hand. When new information presents itself then I will change my opinion. At this point in last year of college he had 16 penalties and first NFL game albeit pre season he had 2.

You are upset because you don't think I like him which is far from the truth. He has to clean up his penalties. There is no debate in that.

kskboys

Reaction score
As I say I come to conclusion based on information at hand. When new information presents itself then I will change my opinion. At this point in last year of college he had 16 penalties and first NFL game albeit pre season he had 2.

You are upset because you don't think I like him which is far from the truth. He has to clean up his penalties. There is no debate in that.
You just made a very poor conclusion concerning my thoughts, so I'm afraid I have no confidence that your conclusions are worth much.