Cowboys Centers (Biadasz & Farniok) vs Broncos

Which Center performed better against the Broncos?

• Tyler Biadasz

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Matt Farniok

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
In this video highlight, Voch Lombardi talks about rookie Left Guard Tyler Smith, but it's a good video that shows an equal amount of highlight plays of both Tyler Biadasz (#63) and Matt Farniok (#68) at Center against the Broncos.

Keep an eye on them and see who you think performed better between the two of them? (Please answer the POLL included in this thread) Granted, it's only a few plays, but it's all that's available in this video.

Enjoy the performance by rookie Tyler Smith (#73) at Left Guard by the way...

:starspin:

Did not see the Game.
Hopefully between the 2 we can get a serviceable Center.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Smith’s college coach believes that much-publicized penalties came as a result of him being just too good. The refs, said Tulsa coach Philip Montgomery, “saw somebody on the ground and they were like, ‘Well, something must have happened so I just threw a flag there.’

He was that dominant and that physical of a guy.” And with Smith playing 915 snaps well over the average for guards in this draft, by 150 to 200 snaps, Philip claims he was bound to receive a greater number of flags.

The kid isn't alone with penalties. It's been a train wreck for Dallas. Something they don't need to be at #1 heading into 2022.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sp...yler-smith-penalties-explained-105250018.html
I hope Smith doesn't lose any edge from the Cowboy's referee bias and slander sportsmanship whipping boy 'authorizations.'

quickccc

Reaction score
Tough to tell from that video alone.

It's also important to not forget that it's Biadasz' job to lose, and I dont think he has done that. Not as of yet anyway.

They are also going to probably conclude that since Farinok can play both C and G....even RT in a disaster situation, and Biadasz cannot, Farinok is more valuable as a backup.

Personally, if Biadasz hasn't stepped up his game a little I'd rather bank on the upside of Farniok.
Biadasz has been ok, and the first half of last year he was better than ok......

I don't really care who the center is, but I would like to see a little better from that spot. The loss of Fred has been pretty evident in the run game.

- I really worry that league wide officials will always hear about Tyler's flag issues and reputation, and will always have it set in their minds, that officials are gonna automatically
target him, that he has to be committing a illegal action based off his reputation. .. so a flag has to be thrown.
That could not only greatly affect his self confidence, and also have him so paranoid, over-guessing himself, and actually being tentative.

- I'm not one for banking on a Farniok unless he's proves otherwise he is clearly better than a Biadasz.
i don't want to see a Farniok as a starter just for the sake of replacing Biadasz.

- And did Farniok get more snaps at center than a Braylon Jones vs Denver ?
Even as an emergency backup center, i'd still like to the supposed 2nd string center get a fair amount of snap counts in the preseason.

- And that's not just against 3rd strings and scrubs in the 4th quarter.
But a vibe i get is they really want the operating QB to feel very well comfortable with the center, and that maybe why we won't see a Farniok
starting a preseason game with the 1st stringers and starters, instead of Biadasz ?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Very interesting...

It's been over 7 hours since I created this thread and included the video and poll.

Biadasz started off with a slight lead, but now, Farniok has taken a good % lead (57% - 43%).

Looks like posters are starting to side with Farniok as the better performer against the Broncos. It will be interesting to see what the coaching staff sees during film review and what transpires as the preseason goes along these next 2 games before the regular season starts.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Smith’s college coach believes that much-publicized penalties came as a result of him being just too good. The refs, said Tulsa coach Philip Montgomery, “saw somebody on the ground and they were like, ‘Well, something must have happened so I just threw a flag there.’

He was that dominant and that physical of a guy.” And with Smith playing 915 snaps well over the average for guards in this draft, by 150 to 200 snaps, Philip claims he was bound to receive a greater number of flags.

The kid isn't alone with penalties. It's been a train wreck for Dallas. Something they don't need to be at #1 heading into 2022.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sp...yler-smith-penalties-explained-105250018.html
Oh I agree Dallas has been very u disciined for years.

With that said he had 16 penalties his last year. So assuming all the top guards started and ayed similar amount. Of snaps.

So one pre season game two penalties. He is very skilled so I hope he can clean it up and not contribute to our penalty woes

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Very interesting...

It's been over 7 hours since I created this thread and included the video and poll.

Biadasz started off with a slight lead, but now, Farniok has taken a good % lead (57% - 43%).

Looks like posters are starting to side with Farniok as the better performer against the Broncos. It will be interesting to see what the coaching staff sees during film review and what transpires as the preseason goes along these next 2 games before the regular season starts.
I can't claim to know the nuances and intricacies of playing OL and how they have to deal with their assignments.
I leave that to guys who have played and understand the positions like you and a few others like @xwalker .
I could vote, but it would just be from a gut, uninformed feeling and I can't say that would be fair.

Good thread though. Interesting posts in here.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
In this video highlight, Voch Lombardi talks about rookie Left Guard Tyler Smith, but it's a good video that shows an equal amount of highlight plays of both Tyler Biadasz (#63) and Matt Farniok (#68) at Center against the Broncos.

Keep an eye on them and see who you think performed better between the two of them? (Please answer the POLL included in this thread) Granted, it's only a few plays, but it's all that's available in this video.

Enjoy the performance by rookie Tyler Smith (#73) at Left Guard by the way...

:starspin:

If 66 is McGovern, you need to rewatch the tape. 66 is on his man and chips.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Very interesting...

I dont know how much of that 57% is people wanting a potential upgrade over Biadasz vs if Farinok is actually better at the moment.

There's two ways to upgrade that position for 22....Biadasz has stepped up his game a bit, or at least be more consistent, or Farinok.

Honestly, Farinok can't WIN the job, Biadasz is going to have to LOSE it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I dont know how much of that 57% is people wanting a potential upgrade over Biadasz vs if Farinok is actually better at the moment.

There's two ways to upgrade that position for 22....Biadasz has stepped up his game a bit, or at least be more consistent, or Farinok.

Honestly, Farinok can't WIN the job, Biadasz is going to have to LOSE it.
Why can't Farniok win the job? Biadasz made several bad mistakes once again against Denver. He played good at times but also made some mistakes. Plus, he struggles against power bullrushers and is slow trying to get mid level into the LBs. Farniok is more athletic, more mobile and more efficient. The tape doesn't lie.

DanA

Reaction score
Why can't Farniok win the job? Biadasz made several bad mistakes once again against Denver. He played good at times but also made some mistakes. Plus, he struggles against power bullrushers and is slow trying to get mid level into the LBs. Farniok is more athletic, more mobile and more efficient. The tape doesn't lie.

He can win it. But it becomes hard as continuity is a big part of the offensive line and particularly at OC given they set blocking assignmentsd.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He can win it. But it becomes hard as continuity is a big part of the offensive line and particularly at OC given they set blocking assignmentsd.
That's what training camp and preseason are for. Right now is the time to find the best starter.

Loso86

Reaction score
Per Broaddus, there is no real competition at starting center. i tend to believe it.
At anything, Cowboys may be preparing Farniok as a utility emergency backup center.

- And i'm not sold on Biadasz at all. There seem to be a couple of instances where he either fail to pick up the man lined over him,
His man that lined up right over Biadasz, was in the backfield, " untouched" so fast, that i couldn't see how it needed to be Tyler to pick him up instead.

- That Bronco had too much of a direct str8 line shot at the QB.

We have an average and just decent starting center, and i'm starting to believe that's just one of the problems, it may not be THE leading problem,
but it's one that continues to limit us, imo.
Been saying TB is just not strong enough

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He is strong and athletic but his penalty issues are following him to NFL. We complained about Penalty Williams. We may have replaced him with Even-More-Penalty Smith.....

Penalties are like 1 step forward 2 step back. It quickly negates any good you have done
Problem was Connor got worst at penalties as his career went on. In a contract year he committed the most penalties of his career.

The hope with Smith is for him to get better at it.

DanA

Reaction score
That's what training camp and preseason are for. Right now is the time to find the best starter.

Right, but that's coming to an end. We're now just three weeks away from the start of the season. A couple of weeks ago was the time to find the best starter, now would be a late change. Doable, but we'd want to make that call pretty soon.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Both very similar, so not much to hope for. Still searching for the guy.....Lindstrom guy needs to get a good hard look.. Hope he pans out or its back to the drawing board.

starfan1

Reaction score
Very interesting...

I’m not certain one game is a good barometer. I’m not sure either one of them are Travis Frederick but it is what is

I also think the staff believes it biadasz job to lose

cowboyed

Reaction score
Farniok is the better center of the two. On the first play in the video we see Badiasz not getting up to the second level quick enough. And that's always been my knock on Badiasz. He doesn't move fast enough.

On the interception play we see a miscommunication between center and left guard. It's the centers job to communicate with the guys next to him whose blocking who. That communication is designed to stop a guy from running free right up the middle. So if Tyler missed that block then Badiasz didn't communicate with him effectively enough. Making sure everybody up front gets blocked is a sentence job...he needs to communicate better.

Farniok is the better of the two.
Also when under pressure Badiasz gets the football snapping yips which has Dak having to catch the ball at all angles and at times messes with his defensive reads and getting his passes out quickly.