Signed by Cowboys Cowboys claim DB Ibraheim Campbell and Center Adam Redmond on waivers

cowboyec

Reaction score
It was addressed, rebuked and returned to sender , address unknown Syd

tenor.gif
GREAT Elvis song...for what it's worth.

phildadon86

Reaction score
How does claiming a player yesterday preclude a move on this guy (who sucks) today?

Oh, it doesn't.

Thanks for posting!
Not what I was saying at all. Do you wait for me to post to just call me out? I was just saying we grabbed a guy before this guy was cut because we usually react as opposed to plan. They both suck. Its freaking roster cuts.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
More head scratchers so far...

Redmond, nothing more than an undrafted free agent practice squad asset, and Campbell another strong safety, and at that, one who hasn't seen the field very much since starting 8 games for the Browns in 2016.
we picked up a 2016 Brown?? God help us

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Not what I was saying at all. Do you wait for me to post to just call me out? I was just saying we grabbed a guy before this guy was cut because we usually react as opposed to plan. They both suck. Its freaking roster cuts.

Silly.

Reacting to the waiver wire don't force you to keep the player. We could cut the claimed guys and sign whoever else shakes free.

That's not a sign of failing to play. It's a sign of understanding the system and not assuming you can read the future

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
As I learned from another thread, every team ahead of us in the waiver order can put in multiple claims on players and get them before we can get the chance to. That means, what, 12-15 teams can claim before us, any amount of players they want? That does not leave too much quality to claim for when it comes to be our time to claim.

I’m guessing that the two guys we claimed were not the best of the best in relation to who we put claims on. We probably were lucky to get anything our FO considers possibly decent players, maybe worth the risk to check out.

We did what we could with respect to our not ideal waiver claim rank.

Sydla

Reaction score
So you lose our on two positions of need for one? The logic doesn't make sense to me especially for a guy who fell. I get why guys would do it because he's a name but I think LVE and Gallup/Armstrong is better for what we need. Far too early to tell.

Hindsight is 20/20 but we need a S more than a LB right now IMO

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20 but we need a S more than a LB right now IMO
Yeah but around draft time we only had Sean Lee and he's good to miss 4 or 5 games a year and we can't win without him it seems. No one felt comfortable about Jaylon. Not even sure if this organization was.

We at least thought we could snag up Earl. Makes zero sense to draft James when our intent was to trade for Earl Thomas.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Well, maybe that Adam Redmond chap is smart, I mean, he did graduate from Havard. That's all I can really say about that. Never heard of the bloke before now. I also never had heard of Ibraheim Campbell, but he's a safety, so I suppose there's that. Plus, he did play against us on Thursday, so the team must've seen something they like in him.