Twitter: Cowboys close to a deal with Gallup?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Evidently, the FO isn't satisfied paying Cooper the big salary that he gets. Maybe they'd better be smarter awarding their contracts. :angry:

Last edited:

Cebrin

Reaction score
Smart. Wilson is solid.

Lamb, Gallup, Wilson is a solid three
Shuffling cap money is coming, and either they're already expecting to pick up someone on the 16th (talks aren't allowed, but agents are slick.) or they see someone in the draft they covet.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I love WRs coming off ACL tears.

Especially when replacing a true #1 receiver.
True #1???

Cooper didn't come close to reaching 1K yards in 2021, plus he disappeared in about half of all 17 games.

That's not a true #1, and most definitely, not worth continuing to pay $20+ mil/season.

Cooper is rightfully finished in Dallas...as he should be. Deal with it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True #1???

Cooper didn't come close to reaching 1K yards in 2021, plus he disappeared in about half of all 17 games.

That's not a true #1, and most definitely, not worth continuing to pay $20+ mil/season.

Sure. Knock ‘em down when they’re leaving town

The FACT is that Gallup can’t carry Cooper’s jock.

Carson

Reaction score
Shuffling cap money is coming, and either they're already expecting to pick up someone on the 16th (talks aren't allowed, but agents are slick.) or they see someone in the draft they covet.
It is.

No way they intend to be competitive losing Cooper, Schultz, Jarwin, Gregory and Kearse

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Evidently, the FO isn't satisfied paying Cooper the big salary that he gets. Maybe they'd better be smarter awarding their contracts. :angry:

“They” being Stephen Jones. Idiot son painted himself into a corner being an awful negotiator and now has to scramble to find a way out. And Cooper’s contract is the EASIEST ROUTE. So suddenly he’s ‘not worth it’, we’re ‘fortunate to have’ Zeke at his ridiculous cost.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I hope it’s more of a bridge deal. 2/3 years. See if the knee is going to be ok and let him work
hard for the next big contract. It’s Jerry so I expect it to be a head-scratcher.

Carson

Reaction score
I hope it’s more of a bridge deal. 2/3 years. See if the knee is going to be ok and let him work
hard for the next big contract. It’s Jerry so I expect it to be a head-scratcher.
It’s not.

Reports are we are $6 million off. Wants nearly $50 million and more than $12 per

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Will he even be ready for Training Camp, or at the start of the season? o_O
I like gallup, but since he tore the acl, that changes things, he might never be the same.
He was never great to begin with, and will also be out of shape by time he heals up good enough
to work out again.

So is he worth a big contract? I dont think so
Is he a real # 1 ? I dont think so

He WAS a good # 2 or 3, but now he is a unknown maybe.

So In my view it is crazy to give him a big deal after his injury , and just expect him to be
good as he was before. Which was mainly just catching a few deep balls here and there.

I would offer him something small and short, and he could either take it or go elsewhere.

kevm3

Reaction score
Honestly, I think we should keep Coop, but that's the front office for you. We don't know what Gallup will be after that ACL surgery and I hope he's not becoming injury prone. I see Gallup as more of a no 2 than a no 1. I'm not 100% sure I'd trust Ceedee as a no. 1 with the drops he's been having.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sure. Knock ‘em down when they’re leaving town

The FACT is that Gallup can’t carry Cooper’s jock.
Gallup will be much cheaper to keep, and Gallup is a legit #2 who is very productive. We already have our new #1 in CeeDee. With the money saved to cut Amari Cooper, the Cowboys are going to resign Gallup and Cedrick Wilson. Possibly even Noah Brown. It's a win (due to salary cap limits) for the Cowboys.

Sorry if it doesn't fit anyone's personal preference, but I called it since September that this would happen. It's actually happening exactly as I said it would. Business 101

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
True #1???

I'd actually perfer we get rid of Cooper and Gallup.

We're not going anywhere anyways until we get a real QB. So, we should use the next 3 years to rebuild.

Adreme

Reaction score
I'd actually perfer we get rid of Cooper and Gallup.

We're not going anywhere anyways until we get a real QB. So, we should use the next 3 years to rebuild.

There are maybe 5 QBs you can say are 100% better than Dak. After that it becomes a debate where you have about 6-14 wherever is up the person listing right now. If you are saying the only way to win is to have those 5 then it might take a few more decades of doing nothing while trying to find one.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
There are maybe 5 QBs you can say are 100% better than Dak. After that it becomes a debate where you have about 6-14 wherever is up the person listing right now. If you are saying the only way to win is to have those 5 then it might take a few more decades of doing nothing while trying to find one.
I'd rather waste time finding a real QB talent then hitching my wagons to 4th round/undrafted talent at the position like we've done for the past 15 years.