Twitter: Cowboys close to a deal with Gallup?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gallup will be much cheaper to keep, and Gallup is a legit #2 who is very productive. We already have our new #1 in CeeDee. With the money saved to cut Amari Cooper, the Cowboys are going to resign Gallup and Cedrick Wilson. Possibly even Noah Brown. It's a win (due to salary cap limits) for the Cowboys.

No it isn’t. And all the sugarcoating in the world won’t change that. Cutting an actual #1 to keep a damaged #2 and some backups is a step backwards.

Sorry if it doesn't fit anyone's personal preference, but I called it since September that this would happen.

Don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back. So did I. Feel free to go back and check.

It's actually happening exactly as I said it would. Business 101[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t make it good. Because it isn’t.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just don’t pay more than 10 million per for Gallup. There are other options

And more coming into the league every year. The phrase ‘loaded receiver draft’ has been and will continue being said for the foreseeable future. And when that is the case, you stop paying big money to keep them.

Just like at running back, but we clearly didn’t get that memo either.

Adreme

Reaction score
I'd rather waste time finding a real QB talent then hitching my wagons to 4th round/undrafted talent at the position like we've done for the past 15 years.

I guess in your eyes Tom Brady was a bum then as he was a 6th round talent. While it is true that most good QBs come from the 1st round that is not a universal truth. Russel Wilson was drafted in the 3rd as another example. I guess in your eyes Seattle messed up drafting him.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I would be fine moving on from Cooper, but a lot depends what else they do. Dallas has a lot of high $ player decisions. As we have seen previously, high dollar players typically don't over perform their high salaries.

I think I would rather keep Lawrence over Cooper. Gregory is a scary guy to sign due to high off the field problems, but I would probably prefer him over Cooper as well. I would like to keep Kearse and Hooker....hopefully at mid range deals. Schultz was very good last year, but I would shy away from giving him franchise contract money. Just seems like an overpay. You have to factor his connection with Dak though. I just don't think he is a guy you greatly overpay.

We would be taking a step back losing Cooper, but it may be the right decision. Hopefully next year Zeke is gone and we can position our money better.

Would I focus on a WR high in the draft? Probably not until the 3rd...I think. I still think O-line and interior D-line needs to take priority if a player is available that warrants one of those picks.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Gallup will be much cheaper to keep, and Gallup is a legit #2 who is very productive. We already have our new #1 in CeeDee. With the money saved to cut Amari Cooper, the Cowboys are going to resign Gallup and Cedrick Wilson. Possibly even Noah Brown. It's a win (due to salary cap limits) for the Cowboys.

Sorry if it doesn't fit anyone's personal preference, but I called it since September that this would happen. It's actually happening exactly as I said it would. Business 101
that all sounds good, but lamb is not # 1 material, and gallup may never be the same after
coming back from the injury, could take at least a year to get back to where he was.
Smarter to just draft a guy.

Flamma

Reaction score
You act like Dalton Schultzes grow on trees.

Just my opinion, which is usually garbage anyway, but much of his success was due to attention elsewhere. This very thing was actually talked about on these boards before the season started. Then it happened. But I realize that doesn't mean it has to be the case.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I guess in your eyes Tom Brady was a bum then as he was a 6th round talent. While it is true that most good QBs come from the 1st round that is not a universal truth. Russel Wilson was drafted in the 3rd as another example. I guess in your eyes Seattle messed up drafting him.
Tom Brady is the outlier.

If you think Romo and Dak had the next Brady potential then you're clueless.

You're thinking like Jerry.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If these are the actual numbers, I can’t take issue with them.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gallup is over rated. Biggly! If the reported contract of 6/yr is signed that is not too terrible just don't expect him to hit 1000 yards again

Adreme

Reaction score
Tom Brady is the outlier.

If you think Romo and Dak had the next Brady potential then you're clueless.

You're thinking like Jerry.
You also ignored Wilson there so I guess in your eyes he was a bad pick by the Seahawks. I can promise you Seahawks fans do not regret that 3rd round pick in the slightest.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You also ignored Wilson there so I guess in your eyes he was a bad pick by the Seahawks. I can promise you Seahawks fans do not regret that 3rd round pick in the slightest.
You take the Legion of Boom away from that team and Wilson has zero rings right now.

That's why he's never led that team to squat without an all time great defense behind him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You take the Legion of Boom away from that team and Wilson has zero rings right now.

That's why he's never led that team to squat without an all time great defense behind him.

Lulz, smh.

Wilson has led the team to postseason appearances in 8 of the 10 seasons he's played. The Legion of Boom hasn't been in full form for like 4-5 years now.

You level the same criticism towards Dak and it's "he can't do it himself!"

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lulz, smh.

Wilson has led the team to postseason appearances in 8 of the 10 seasons he's played. The Legion of Boom hasn't been in full form for like 4-5 years now.

You level the same criticism towards Dak and it's "he can't do it himself!"
The same applies to Wilson.

He's overrated just like Dak.

WIlson, like Dak, needs carried. I used to be fooled by Wilson, but he's nothing special.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will he even be ready for Training Camp, or at the start of the season? o_O
They're saying he's expected to be ready for camp, but rehab can be tricky sometimes.

It will be a typical Dallas thing.
These will be the basic headlines.

Gallup will be ready for TC. All off-season long we will hear this.
Gallup will start TC on PUP. This is a precaution to bring him along slowly to be sure he is ready to go in a few weeks.
Gallup won't play any pre-season games, but he has made progress and will be ready for the season opener.
Gallup will start the season on PUP missing the 1st 6 games.
Gallup is ready to return after 6 games missed....however is is now week 10.....