Twitter: Cowboys close to signing Dontari Poe

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyv

Reaction score
Cowboys they said were not that interested

They were basically saying alot of the free agents left they really didn't think improved their team. They said some interest in WR Phillip Dorsett but earlier i seen hes signing with Seattle on 1 yr deal

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dontari Poe, if you're reading this, just join the Cowboys and Jerry will likely keep you longer than you'd think he might.:thumbup: ;) :muttley:

ultron

Reaction score
Dontari Poe, if you're reading this, just join the Cowboys and Jerry will likely keep you longer than you'd think he might.:thumbup: ;) :muttley:
I really think they just want to get his quadriceps checked out. His season ended on the last weekend in November so it’s a logical concern.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Sadly, no . . . in fact, it's just the opposite. The dead money will haunt us.

na.. Fred retirement actually gives us 7mil after June 1st, which is just enough to sign our rookie class

After June 1st, we take a 4.5mil hit this year... they can defer the rest of Fredericks money ($7mil)next year. We still take a hit, but spread out over two years. The salary cap will go up next year and we take the smaller hit this year. Hopefully by next year, we won’t have to sign half our team all over again

Knotamus

Reaction score

I believe the signings are coming in slow due to the Pandemic . I’ve notice a sudden slow down in Free agency.

I mean, things we all take for granted..they can’t easily do at the moment. Anyone risking flying in to sign on the dotted line? Or face to face negotiations? How bout the player getting the required physicals?

Trying times, but I believe this gets done as long as there’s mutual interest

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The media has definitely figured out how to sell their product.

As for the team not doing enough, I still think there is time. If they get Poe, I think that would be very positive for the defense on top of the McCoy and Dix deals. Of course, who knows how accurate the reporting is on Poe? That could be more media exaggeration.

If we are still sitting where we are now when the draft rolls around I'll be frustrated too. Really before that - we really need the important deals done well before the draft. We can hope for some help from the draft, but we can't really expect more than 1 or 2 players to have a great impact in their first year.

Poe would leave us set better than forever at LDT, with McCoy at RDT, and Hill and Draft Pick to develop at RDT.
Gregory and Lawrence at DEs.
Dix and Woods at S.
All the LBs back.
All but Byron back at CB.

They've actually hit the holes on defense we've been screaming about for years. The defense seemed like a disaster, but it's looking pretty good right now. I'll take a loss at CB in exchange for a strong DT rotation and an upgrade at S.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So that's a big fat nope then.

Great job Jerruh and Son. Glad to see that we can't even land the lower end FA's.

At this point I'm not counting on us getting the deal done. So disappointing.

you’re going to look stupid when they close the deal. How about you just relax partner?

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Poe would leave us set better than forever at LDT, with McCoy at RDT, and Hill and Draft Pick to develop at RDT.
Gregory and Lawrence at DEs.
Dix and Woods at S.
All the LBs back.
All but Byron back at CB.

They've actually hit the holes on defense we've been screaming about for years. The defense seemed like a disaster, but it's looking pretty good right now. I'll take a loss at CB in exchange for a strong DT rotation and an upgrade at S.
Whatever else they've done, or do. The last thing I would be doing is counting on Gregory to start at DE this year. Let alone be a rotational piece.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Whatever else they've done, or do. The last thing I would be doing is counting on Gregory to start at DE this year. Let alone be a rotational piece.

I expect Gregory to start at DE. It's not guaranteed but it turns out Fredbeard wasn't either.

He actually submitted his reinstatement in a timely fashion. Looks good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.