Twitter: Cowboys coach told Broaddus: "Dak doesn't want to be on team"

cowboyed

Reaction score
He needs to be traded. We don’t need this. Start Dalton and roll with him. Draft a QB in ‘21.

It is speculation or perception without any hard evidence. Dak will be making exponentially more money in one year under the franchise tag than his entire rookie contract. I doubt that would make him a hateful anti-Cowboys player. Is he disappointed he and the team couldn't come to terms, sure.

Reports are he tried to negotiate with the team directly and they were close to a deal but ran out of time. So maybe there is an understanding of a potential agreement in place for all we know based on performance this season. It's not like Dak and the Cowboys will stop communicating, there are just no formal contract talks or the ability to execute a contract until the season is over.

Of course they still may not come to an agreement. So even more so it is in Dak's interest to keep performing at the highest level whether he stays or goes after this franchise tag season or possibly the next. I think Dak is level headed enough not to allow himself to fall into a career death spiral.

I am disappointed Dak didn't take the most recent offer from the Cowboys. That's on him, but we'll see how he responds this season and if he even keeps his deal killer agent. Why trade him if he can be benched in the unlikely event not coming to contractual terms turns him into a raging lunatic.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I mean, it's not out of the realm of possibility that if a player feels extremely disrespected by ownership in some way or multiple ways over the course of a year or two that they MAY indeed want to test other waters. I mean if I feel my bosses are doing me dirty over and over, I'd look for a different place to take my skills as well but with that said it's all about perception by both parties. It could be that Dak feels disrespected AND the Cowboys owners (as we've heard rumors before) are not 100% into Dak. That could also be untrue as none of us are in the building or close to the Jones' boys.
Jerry says.. Ditto

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Here's some key words to think about. It was stated as "a coach" which to me sounds like "a source" which is just a license to say something and make it sound real but have no direct quotes. Next this "coach" said he didn't THINKS so because Prescott hasn't SAID it or SHOWED it. Some coach MAYBE expressed what he thinks but not based on anything Prescott has said. More off season click bait.

tunahelper

Reaction score
He's not going to want to be anywhere if the cap goes down and all the money dries up.

I will kind of laugh if that happens to him.

He really picked the wrong time to be greedy!

There is evidence he wants to play for Dallas. It is a signed contract for this year. All Dak had to say was no.

Jerry
What's the evidence for that, not signing the long-term offer? Players generally want to be wherever they will be paid the most. If Dallas had made him an offer he couldn't refuse, then the feeling would probably be that he wants to be a Cowboy for life.

There's no way anyone could say right now that Dak sees himself as a Cowboy for life because he chose to settle for a one-year deal.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The situation with Dak has digressed into a lame soap opera... every twitter post, analyst offering their “hot take”, and old, tired, entrenched viewpoints are simply cringe-worthy at this point.

I am exhausted at this point and don’t care anymore. Either he plays great this season and gets a long term deal next year, or he gets tagged again, or we find a new QB.

Just ready for some peace and quiet for bit. Would love for there to be a moratorium on Dak contract threads until after the season lol

InTheZone

Reaction score
What was the guaranteed amount? All I saw was a figure fairly equal to Goff's which is not a fair deal when you're asking for an extra year.

Again, an agent wrote an article saying Dak should have expected $130M in guarantees when you compare other deals, which is how it's done. But no offers even in the $120M range? Tell me how $110M is fair then, especially when this piece takes Goff's and Wentz' deals into account. No one ever has an answer for this and just keep repeating the same erroneous claims.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...r-even-if-the-cowboys-qb-wants-to-go-shorter/
Teams set the market and no one ever questions when teams overpay as not being fair. So whatever dallas offered isn't fair? I thought they were responsible for setting their market.

How does it work one way but not the other?

InTheZone

Reaction score
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/redzone-passing.ht

Dak is mediocre in the red-zone when passing and the numbers are skewed from the first three games.

The Dak led offenses ended up at 50% this year to end the season as well. And this despite Zeke’s top 5-10 performance in the red zone in terms of scoring and efficiency.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...dak-prescott-kellen-moore-new-orleans-saints/

People claim that the OCs limited Dak and not the other way around. In fact, ever since Dak has been here the OCs have been tasked with tailoring the offense to Dak’s limitations. Everybody gives him credit for 2016, but blame Linehan, as if he had no contributions.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...tt-kellen-moore-play-calling-third-and-short/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-offensive-struggles-cant-put-a-finger-on-it/

Same problem in college when he starts to feel the pressure.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...tent-footwork-is-impeding-the-cowboys-offense

And this idea that Dak is more successful on first down passing is not even justified. First of all, Linehan called pass more as a percentile than Moore on first down and he ran a lot more. Secondly, there were games Dallas threw way more on first down, but they faced good defenses. Third, in the first three games, the ration was skewed heavily in favor of running on first down. Fourth, even since Linehan and Dak, Dallas has been top of the league in play action usage, so this idea he’s more successful on play-action compared to other QBs is absurd. The guy hardly uses a five or seven-step drop, meaning he is a limitation in the passing game. Romo for example, rarely used play action, though that number increased with Linehan. Garrett as a play-caller completely ignored it

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...dak-prescott-kellen-moore-new-orleans-saints/
Some like to say
giphy.gif

Grenic

Reaction score
The whole thing was speculation on Broaddus's part. This is the pitfalls of social media. None of these people are even affiliated with the Cowboys anymore.
If you think Broaduus does not have connections there your insane

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am sure Dak is so mad. He is doing what he wants. Getting 31 million. Getting a bigger offer next year than the one he wanted to get done a few weeks ago. These people trying to stir the pot. Dak will eventually do a interview and straighten it all out.

aikemirv

Reaction score
There is evidence he wants to play for Dallas. It is a signed contract for this year. All Dak had to say was no.

Jerry
That is not evidence he wants to play in Dallas. That is just evidence that he is not stupid enough to pass on 31 million!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you think Broaduus does not have connections there your insane
His connections are irrelevant....his "connections" constantly give him wrong wrong information and in this case its not even his "connections"....he's straight up telling you its a former coach with no ties to any of this.

Jipper

Reaction score
Why would would dak or anyone not want to be the starting qb for the Dallas Cowboys? Most glamourous role in all of sports

slick325

Reaction score
Broaddus is less than reliable and I don't give much credence to the "story". But, to play devil's advocate for a second, just because it is a former coach doesn't mean it should be summarily dismissed. Former teammates, coaches, front office people, etc. stay in contact with each other via phone, text, vid calls. Dak may still speak to Garrett, Kitna, etc. So it is very possible he expressed his feelings in a particular moment of disappointment or anger over not reaching a deal.

It could have been an impulsive remark or feeling which doesn't reflect his feelings 5 minutes after saying it. Who knows?