Cowboys coaches lack of respect vs Eagles coaches

visionary

Reaction score
Our Assistants were talked about but they were under contract like you say, plus Jerry pays the highest salaries to his coaches. No owner in the NFL would even try to outbid Jerry on something that doesn't fall under the salary cap.

"Talked about" lol

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed as many as FOUR Eagles assist coaches names are coming up for head coaching vacancies ( defensive and offensive coor, quarterback coach and even the special team coach ). Last year we finished with exact same record yet NOT ONE OUR assist coaches even got a call. Yes, Jason was named COY but league showed no respect for his staff.............
They had all just signed new contracts.

In March.

Team hire in January.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
But still, FOUR Eagle coaches names being a mention for potential HCs....my point, maybe our staff need some fresh coaching talent. Bottom line......Garrett and his staff are staled........hate to say it but it's true.

The Eagles staff is head and shoulders so much better than the Cowboys. After Kelly almost burned that organization to the ground, the new staff was able to resurrect it and make it into a championship team within a year or so.

How come Garrett can't do that?

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
The reality is no one wants to hire and Assistant coach when the rest of the league realize long ago that superior talent is the only way we win. Not superior coaching.

I guess that's how the Patriots are always winning right?

garyo1954

Reaction score
Happens when you're successful. Always does. Nothing new in the NFL.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Anytime there is criticism leveled at Jerry or our coaches some usual suspects come out blindly in their defense. They are in this thread trying to deflect from facts

No ampunt of incompetence is enough for them

Do you think some defend because others are always attacking relentlessly....post after post in thread after thread????

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
There were stories about our coaches at this point last season, too. Linehan, especially.

Out staff is better respected around the league than it is by our fans.
Not respected by opponents' players, they call out our plays across the LOS. When Lee does this we give him credit for film study, this doesn't seem like the respect you're referring to. I'm sure coaches respect each other being around this long w/HC stints and general knowledge of the game; they've shown they belong on some level, etc.

Poker fans will get this analogy; they're respected like Phil Hellmuth is. ABC player who has won in the past and has earned his clout via his career but scares no one at the table.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
Do you think some defend because others are always attacking relentlessly....post after post in thread after thread????

I detest relativism and blind excuse making just like any intelligent person should

There are clear reasons to criticize this FO, coaching staff and the product on the field . Just because 'some' are sick and tired of the incompetence and bring it up does not mean 'others' should manufacture stuff and throw it back smugly

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I detest relativism and blind excuse making just like any intelligent person should

There are clear reasons to criticize this FO, coaching staff and the product on the field . Just because 'some' are sick and tired of the incompetence and bring it up does not mean 'others' should manufacture stuff and throw it back smugly

True.......but for some at most a few times being enough.

Sydla

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed as many as FOUR Eagles assist coaches names are coming up for head coaching vacancies ( defensive and offensive coor, quarterback coach and even the special team coach ). Last year we finished with exact same record yet NOT ONE OUR assist coaches even got a call. Yes, Jason was named COY but league showed no respect for his staff.............

I’d be all over their QB coach if we were looking for a head coach.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not respected by opponents' players, they call out our plays across the LOS. When Lee does this we give him credit for film study, this doesn't seem like the respect you're referring to. I'm sure coaches respect each other being around this long w/HC stints and general knowledge of the game; they've shown they belong on some level, etc.

Poker fans will get this analogy; they're respected like Phil Hellmuth is. ABC player who has won in the past and has earned his clout via his career but scares no one at the table.

Except our offense has actually been really effective during the vast majority of the time in question.

Pokes12

Reaction score
But still, FOUR Eagle coaches names being a mention for potential HCs....my point, maybe our staff need some fresh coaching talent. Bottom line......Garrett and his staff are staled........hate to say it but it's true.
Who cares? We suck.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Except our offense has actually been really effective during the vast majority of the time in question.
To your credit that has been true, even statistically w/Romo during the 8-8 years and Dak last year. Personally, that really irks me as a fan (other teams calling out our plays); esp when I'm doing it along with them, etc. The O has been choppy all year and Dak seemed to not receive much help in that ugly 3 game losing streak; this is when we want them to pull the McVay creativity out but why even wait that long? The scheme needs real innovation instead relying on talent or even an overhaul while still being run heavy centered. Maybe more WC concepts to help Dak who doesn't throw a great long ball and caters to Dez's skill strengths as well?

We've covered the other stuff (rub routes, motion, different formations, etc.) but this scheme relies way too much on our talent on O, while even when plentiful, has come up short against GB twice when it needed that extra juice (game planning). Your point about the D sucking has always rung true, and probably didn't give you enough credit for that outside of '09 playoffs; was always an uphill battle every game which is hard on a coach. He'll get at least another year, so more interested if there will be changes to the playbook instead of replacing our coordinators. I want JG to get off the slogan mantras and get back to the Xs/Os to give this team an edge.

waving monkey

Reaction score
There were stories about our coaches at this point last season, too. Linehan, especially.

Out staff is better respected around the league than it is by our fans.
It's the way of the world I suppose but it's weird