Twitter: Cowboys combine tracker (who they've met with)

conner01

Reaction score
If Mazi hasn’t figured that out by now that’s a problem
He’s always been slow off the snap and that’s an issue for sure. Cutting his weight was likely an attempt to make him into something he’s not. He’s not a pass rusher. He’s a plugger who as he learns can be a run stuffer who may also be able to push the picket and have some impact in the pass game. He is never gonna be a Aaron Donald type player and that’s what they tried to make him

starfan1

Reaction score
He’s always been slow off the snap and that’s an issue for sure. Cutting his weight was likely an attempt to make him into something he’s not. He’s not a pass rusher. He’s a plugger who as he learns can be a run stuffer who may also be able to push the picket and have some impact in the pass game. He is never gonna be a Aaron Donald type player and that’s what they tried to make him
Ya I was certainly not enamoured with that pick or the second round pick but that being said hes here and how do you make it a a better solution? You let him play to his strengths! Put the weight back and pair him with someone else thats strong and get push the pocket and there are a few names of folks they have met with that i like.

conner01

Reaction score
Ya I was certainly not enamoured with that pick or the second round pick but that being said hes here and how do you make it a a better solution? You let him play to his strengths! Put the weight back and pair him with someone else thats strong and get push the pocket and there are a few names of folks they have met with that i like.
Exactly. You can’t go back and repick. But you also can’t just throw away the pick. The next 3 years you get what you can out of it. Simmers scheme plays to his strength I think, and helps Micah. Zimmer doesn’t blitz all the time but he shows the blitz to help get more one on one blocking. That makes doubling Micah harder. But it helps Mazi because he’s built to be a plugger, he’s a superb athlete who can be taught to impact more plays. Just have to get him back to size and teach him. DT in general requires technique to be impactful. It takes time to learn. I wanted a OT with that pick because I don’t think you take a NT that high but he’s here now so gotta find a way he can become an effective part of the scheme

chagus

Reaction score

Cowboys' interest in Edgerrin Cooper is good sign for DeMarvion Overshown​

At 6-foot-2, 227-pounds, Edgerrin Cooper is built rather similarly to Overshown. Expected to go somewhere in the second round, Cooper is one of the top LB prospects in the draft.

According to Cooper, the Cowboys have gone through the effort of formally interviewing him at the combine. One would think if Cooper didn’t fit the minimum size thresholds at LB, Dallas would not be going through the effort of interviewing him.

Overshown will still have to prove his worth in training camp but based on the Cowboys interest in similarly sized LBs, Overshown’s size won’t be detrimental to his fit on Zimmer’s defense.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...r-demarvion-overshown/?itm_source=parsely-api
Some folks think Cooper needs to "bulk up". I dont see why. From what ive seen, the kid brings RBs down with one arm. He's very fast, strong and can lay the wood. I wouldnt change anything.