Twitter: Cowboys combine tracker (who they've met with)

CCBoy

Reaction score

Cowboys hold formal interview with Texas DT T'Vondre Sweat at NFL Combine​

USATSI_21491069.jpg

I would take Sweat here and now...no hesitation.

Carson

Reaction score

USATSI_21491069.jpg

I love Sweat. Problem is, he is likely ending up in that late 1 early 2nd. I am ok with drafting Sweat but the team better have had a solid free agency bringing back somebody like Tyron and signing a MLB and RB.

To me, Sweat ends up in Baltimore as the talent always lands in their lap.

CWR

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah I started looking into it after your post. It's really odd. Weight is something coaches pay attention to and typically have expectations for. While they may not have directed it, they must not have stopped it either right? My thought is Quinn figured it would make him faster and more effective.

It was also a matter of emphasis in college and strange enough he said his natural weight is 315-325.

It's all very odd to draft a 1 tech intentionally and then watch him lose 40lbs his rookie season. While I can't find anything to say it was directed, I will still maintain it was allowed to happen and shouldn't have been.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Obviously lots of defensive guys as that side of the ball needs talent at DT and LB.

I'm gonna do this reply blindly without looking at any posts below the main post and I bet there's gonna be somebody triggered by the fact that there's two Michigan players in there and they're gonna make a big deal about it and they're gonna talk about Taco and Mr. Smith the nose tackle... I bet without looking that there's people crying already that they're talking to Michigan defensive players

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah I started looking into it after your post. It's really odd. Weight is something coaches pay attention to and typically have expectations for. While they may not have directed it, they must not have stopped it either right? My thought is Quinn figured it would make him faster and more effective.

It was also a matter of emphasis in college and strange enough he said his natural weight is 315-325.

It's all very odd to draft a 1 tech intentionally and then watch him lose 40lbs his rookie season. While I can't find anything to say it was directed, I will still maintain it was allowed to happen and shouldn't have been.
You're right. When you see a guy you drafted to be a 1 tech, losing over 30 pounds someone should be paying attention. Sounds like Mazi might be over thinking it and wanted to make plays by getting thinner and quicker. Sounds like an upstairs issue with this guy if it wasn't instructed by the coaches.

CWR

Reaction score
You're right. When you see a guy you drafted to be a 1 tech, losing over 30 pounds someone should be paying attention. Sounds like Mazi might be over thinking it and wanted to make plays by getting thinner and quicker. Sounds like an upstairs issue with this guy if it wasn't instructed by the coaches.
Yeah its a concern for sure. I'm in disbelief he wasn't ordered to report to the nutritionist/trainer though. Maybe he was, although I think that would have been news. I've never actually seen a coach comment on it either. It's all just really odd. The worst case scenario would be they let him do it because they saw the film and realized he couldn't impact the game as a 1 tech. Unfortunately that may be the most likely scenario also. In that case I guess I'll direct my frustration at the scouts more than the coaches lol.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Are they doing this with LB and DT to appease the fans…..then … BOOM. hit us with OL and a reach in the 2nd round. Claim he was value and rated higher.
:laugh:

Anyway glad to see it. Hope that is what they do with 2 of the early picks
Yep, when the second round comes, my tv goes off. Can't take anymore second round picks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yep, when the second round comes, my tv goes off. Can't take anymore second round picks.
First of all the draft is not a perfect place for any team they're gonna have ups and downs all over in certain rounds and I realize there's been some duds in the second round there's also been some good role players there's been some solid starters and some stars I mean Trayvon diggs and DeMarcus Lawrence came out of the second round.. I realize people have something against guys like schoonmaker or Sam Williams which I believe Sam Williams can be a star if he can keep himself in checking out of the doghouse for his off field stuff dudes better than Randy Gregory he can be a starter I mean other guys like Sean Lee I realize he was hurt but these are stars we're talking about here I just mentioned 3 and Connor Williams awuzie and some others are still starting around the league martellus Bennett wasn't that bad but here's your list but go to everyone else's list all over the NFL how about go to the first round and see how much better the Cowboys are in the first round..

If you dug through all their drafts like you do focusing on the Cowboys you'd find that everyone has issues in the draft we're one of the better drafting teams in the NFL so we hit it on a guy like bland in the late rounds it makes up for anything that happens in the second round that's how it works you're just trying to find guys through 7 rounds you're hoping for two or three guys and the Cowboys are pretty good about doing that...

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/cowboys-2nd-round-picks

CCBoy

Reaction score
I love Sweat. Problem is, he is likely ending up in that late 1 early 2nd. I am ok with drafting Sweat but the team better have had a solid free agency bringing back somebody like Tyron and signing a MLB and RB.

To me, Sweat ends up in Baltimore as the talent always lands in their lap.
Free Agency will provide some depth at linebacker at the least. A slight trade down in 1 and a 3rd from 2025 gives enough movement for defensive tackle and a strong running back this draft.

tomokawan

Reaction score
First of all the draft is not a perfect place for any team they're gonna have ups and downs all over in certain rounds and I realize there's been some duds in the second round there's also been some good role players there's been some solid starters and some stars I mean Trayvon diggs and DeMarcus Lawrence came out of the second round.. I realize people have something against guys like schoonmaker or Sam Williams which I believe Sam Williams can be a star if he can keep himself in checking out of the doghouse for his off field stuff dudes better than Randy Gregory he can be a starter I mean other guys like Sean Lee I realize he was hurt but these are stars we're talking about here I just mentioned 3 and Connor Williams awuzie and some others are still starting around the league martellus Bennett wasn't that bad but here's your list but go to everyone else's list all over the NFL how about go to the first round and see how much better the Cowboys are in the first round..

If you dug through all their drafts like you do focusing on the Cowboys you'd find that everyone has issues in the draft we're one of the better drafting teams in the NFL so we hit it on a guy like bland in the late rounds it makes up for anything that happens in the second round that's how it works you're just trying to find guys through 7 rounds you're hoping for two or three guys and the Cowboys are pretty good about doing that...

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/cowboys-2nd-round-picks
Thanks Ernest Hemingway. Don't need the lecture. It was said as a joke. No need to pontificate on every post.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score

USATSI_21491069.jpg

If DQ was still here we would draft him and try to turn him into a corner

conner01

Reaction score
Love seeing DT on there. You think they see the writing on the wall with Mazi?

I know....he has time, but it hasn't looked good so far.
Need to get mazi back to his actual playing weight and teach him to watch the ball, not the guy in front of him