Twitter: Cowboys combine tracker (who they've met with)

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I don't follow the whole league, just the Cowboys and yes the current version of the Cowboys - pure unadulterated garbage.
Which explains all those post season awards won or ‘in the running’ for - four all-pro 1st team selections and five 2nd team namees… seven Pro Bowl selections. And four D or O POY contenders.

Oh, yeah - their roster is pitiful. Seriously?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Lol, everyone makes the pro bowl nowadays. How has he done in the playoffs? Haha, game was over before the half because of the 2nd team all pro

The best

THAT was a complete team meltdown. Don’t heap all the blame on the Dakster Fire. The coaching was horrid and the execution was even worse. Even the kicker was clanging/hooking shots. Just a nightmare of a game.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Obviously lots of defensive guys as that side of the ball needs talent at DT and LB.

Funny reading all the comments on the twitter link from all the people that can't believe we haven't met with any OL, RB's or WR's.

These people have no clue the defense goes first and then the offense.

• Thursday, Feb. 29 (3 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET): Defensive linemen, linebackers
  • Friday, March 1 (3 p.m. to 9 p.m. ET): Defensive backs, tight ends
  • Saturday, March 2 (1 p.m. to 9 p.m. ET): Quarterbacks, wide receivers, running backs
  • Sunday, March 3 (1 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET): Offensive linemen

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol, everyone makes the pro bowl nowadays. How has he done in the playoffs? Haha, game was over before the half because of the 2nd team all pro

The best

Forgot, dude should have had THREE interceptions in the first half, where the LB dropped a wide open pick in the end zone with 23 seconds left. 0 yards in the first quarter.. garbage….

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I got you AC! I was very happy to see them call Sweat as well. If we could snag Cooper and Sweat would be an awesome draft.
Oooh, absolutely! The problem is I believe both Cooper and Sweat are going to get picked in the 1st round. We would be lucky if 1 of the 2 miraculously dropped down to us at the 24th pick.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Cowboys hold formal interview with Texas DT T'Vondre Sweat at NFL Combine​

USATSI_21491069.jpg

I would take Sweat here and now...no hesitation.
I'd love to see Texas DT T'Vondre Sweat in a Cowboys uniform!

CCBoy

Reaction score
The media sessions allowed for more clarity on where the Dallas Cowboys could be putting their focus this week at the combine, as four cornerbacks communicated to DallasCowboys.com about having formal meetings with the team this week: Clemson's Nate Wiggins, Wake Forest's Caelen Carson, Georgia's Kamari Lassiter and Iowa State's T.J. Tampa.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/four-cornerbacks-have-formal-meetings-with-cowboys-at-nfl-combine

The four formal meetings that were revealed on Thursday join eight other formal interviews on the defensive side of the ball including Michigan linebacker Junior Colson, Missouri linebacker Ty'Ron Hopper, Texas A&M linebacker Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson, LSU defensive tackle Maason Smith, Michigan defensive tackle Kris Jenkins, Clemson defensive tackle Ruke Orhorhoro and Texas defensive tackle T'Vondre Sweat.

CCBoy

Reaction score
  • CB Nate Wiggins - Clemson (formal)
  • CB Caelen Carson - Wake Forest (formal)
  • CB T.J. Tampa - Iowa State (formal)
  • CB Kamari Lassiter - Georgia (formal)
  • S Evan Williams - Oregon (informal)
  • CB Kris Abrams-Draine - Missouri (informal)
  • CB Johnny Dixon - Penn State (informal)
  • CB D.J. James - Auburn (informal)
  • CB Dru Phillips - Kentucky (informal)
  • CB Tarheeb Still - Maryland (informal)
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/draft-blog-2024

The on-field drills and testing will be staggered one day after the media sessions.
  • Thursday, Feb. 29 - Defensive Linemen / Linebackers (3:00 p.m. ET)
  • Friday, March 1 - Defensive Backs / Tight Ends (3:00 p.m. ET)
  • Saturday, March 2 - Quarterbacks / Running Backs / Wide Receivers (1:00 p.m. ET)
  • Sunday, March 3 - Offensive Linemen (1:00 p.m. ET)

CCBoy

Reaction score
24. Dallas Cowboys

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

Mims has even fewer college starts than Guyton, as he was limited to just eight over the past three seasons because of injuries and draft picks in front of him on the Bulldogs’ depth chart. But when he did play, he made defenders look silly. Mims, 6-7 and 340, allowed zero sacks and just five total pressures across 372 career pass blocks. Will NFL teams be scared off by his limited experience, or will they draft him high based on his size and potential? I lean toward the latter, because he was that good when he got on the field.

To make room for Mims, the Cowboys could part ways with longtime left tackle Tyron Smith, who’s a free agent, or have him compete with Terence Steele on the right side. He played right tackle in college but has the talent to play both sides.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ackle-amarius-mims-tyron-smith-terence-steele

ProFootballTalk

@ProFootballTalk

Georgia OT Amarius Mims’ ankle fully healed, allowing him to workout at Combine.

Georgia v Georgia Tech
Georgia OT Amarius Mims' ankle fully healed, allowing him to workout at Combine

From nbcsports.com

5:08 PM · Feb 26, 2024

Testing will show how raw he is and his overall position flex. Interviews will show why teams want to work with him and whether teams should be afraid of his paltry game experience.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score

Trey Benson, RB​

In the post-work-horse era of RBs, Benson is a throwback prospect. Standing 6-foot-1, 223-pounds, with elite breakaway speed, Benson is a gamebreaker in the mold of Derrick Henry. He thrives in yards after contact and getting downhill quickly. But there’s concern about his pass-catching ability downfield, and pass protection.

Benson also comes with medical concerns. How that checks out with doctors will determine where he lands in the draft. Expected to be RB2 picked somewhere in Round 2, Benson would be an instant solution to the Cowboys hole at RB.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/5-prospects-cowboys-2024-combine/

CCBoy

Reaction score

Cowboys' interest in Edgerrin Cooper is good sign for DeMarvion Overshown​

At 6-foot-2, 227-pounds, Edgerrin Cooper is built rather similarly to Overshown. Expected to go somewhere in the second round, Cooper is one of the top LB prospects in the draft.

According to Cooper, the Cowboys have gone through the effort of formally interviewing him at the combine. One would think if Cooper didn’t fit the minimum size thresholds at LB, Dallas would not be going through the effort of interviewing him.

Overshown will still have to prove his worth in training camp but based on the Cowboys interest in similarly sized LBs, Overshown’s size won’t be detrimental to his fit on Zimmer’s defense.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...r-demarvion-overshown/?itm_source=parsely-api

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
they're probably down there talking to some street walkers and getting drunk. Nothing to see or hear there.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I hope that draft someone with the drive and desire to go along with talent.

starfan1

Reaction score
Are they doing this with LB and DT to appease the fans…..then … BOOM. hit us with OL and a reach in the 2nd round. Claim he was value and rated higher.
:laugh:

Anyway glad to see it. Hope that is what they do with 2 of the early picks
I was surprised that OC wasn’t a focal point. I mean I like those 2 positions being a important but if they are just gonna bring back Tyler B that would suck

CCBoy

Reaction score
This should be both an intense first and second round for Dallas this season.