Cowboys - Commanders predictions

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2420172 said:
I will avoid being a homer by making some outlandish bold prediction, I was just curious as to what some of you guys thought the score tonight might be.

I have different predictions for different scenarios.....

If Dallas uses the recent issues and distractions as motivation, I say Dallas wins 34-14. If it ends up distracting them to the point where it hurts them, or if Romo throws an early INT, I say 28-16 Skins.

If nothing factors in other than the pressure for the postseason on both teams, I think it's too close to call, and that the winner will be decided either way by a FG.

One last thought, is that if anyone turns it over twice in the first half, it'll be over by halftime.

And for those of you that are curious, I will not come back and gloat if we win, but I will come by to eat some crow, as I made a promise to you after the first game.

Good luck to everybody, let us both be free of injuries, and I hope for a slugfest :)

You have the boys only scoring 34 points....seems homerish to me.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
If Portis doesnt play then Cowboys win 28-17

If he does its a tough one i say we win on a last second FG

I think a healthy Newman being back while not as huge as Romo comin back is still pretty huge and will make a significant difference!

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
28-24 Cowboys.

I hope. Feeling strangely optimistic before this one for some reason.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I'm really hoping for some type of spark, but can't make the commitment until I actually see some life from the players on the field. Washington has just as much reason to win this game as Dallas, since it will vault them up into a cushy spot in the playoff standings and possibly bury their biggest rival in the process.

Romo and the offense will try to rescue the season, but they will start a little slow and the Defense will fold when the stakes are the highest. 4th quarter comeback falls short and Washington wins 28-27. I hope that Romo and Crew prove me wrong.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2420633 said:
You have the boys only scoring 34 points....seems homerish to me.
Are you kidding me? You're one of those guys that comes here every game predicting a 53-6 Dallas win aren't you? :laugh2:

I am almost 100% certain neither team will see 30 points. If you think predicting 34 for the Cowboys is lowballing them, you are dillusional and in for a serious disappointment.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
all depends on the play of the offenisve line in my opinion

they play well together? Dallas 24 Washington 17

they play like they have the last 4 weeks? Dallas 10 Washington 31

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2420641 said:
I'm really hoping for some type of spark, but can't make the commitment until I actually see some life from the players on the field. Washington has just as much reason to win this game as Dallas, since it will vault them up into a cushy spot in the playoff standings and possibly bury their biggest rival in the process.

Romo and the offense will try to rescue the season, but they will start a little slow and the Defense will fold when the stakes are the highest. 4th quarter comeback falls short and Washington wins 28-27. I hope that Romo and Crew prove me wrong.
This is honestly one of the better asessments of the game I have read anywhere. Not saying the score, but it could play out extremely close to what you're saying, which plays into Washington's favor.

FWIW, the Commanders are one of the best, if not the best, in the 4th quarter this season. I find it very odd, seeing as how throughout our history, the 4th quarter has been our downfall.

If it's within 8 points in the 4th quarter, Dallas is toast.

khiladi

Reaction score
If TO is used in motion by Garrett all day, and this defense tries to actually generate pressure, it'll make for a long day for the Skins...

If Dallas plays conservatively on defense, giving Campbell the dink-and-dunk, I'm gonna send a Terminator to take out Wade Phillips...

khiladi

Reaction score
It is cold out here in DC... But the weather is dry, so it shouldn't effect the passing game for our Boys.. not really windy either...

It'll hurt more when somebody gets hit, so considering the Cowboys play like pansies as of late, I'm a little worried...

catskillthunder

Reaction score
khiladi;2420705 said:
It is cold out here in DC... But the weather is dry, so it shouldn't effect the passing game for our Boys.. not really windy either...

It'll hurt more when somebody gets hit, so considering the Cowboys play like pansies as of late, I'm a little worried...

Thx for the report. The only thing I can think about is the dreadful performance last year at FedEx in the bad weather. Good to hear its dry and weather will not effect the performance on either side.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I think we lose

this team just not inspire any confidence in me, games like these that we need to win, we always seem to fall up short, except for that TB game, so that gives me some hope, more often times than not though, this team lets me down

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2420715 said:
I think we lose

this team just not inspire any confidence in me, games like these that we need to win, we always seem to fall up short, except for that TB game, so that gives me some hope, more often times than not though, this team lets me down

If I did not know any better I would of thought I wrote that. :hammer:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2420719 said:
If I did not know any better I would of thought I wrote that. :hammer:

not only do we seem to lose these games, but lose them big

if things look off early in the game, then I'll know for sure or not

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
There will be a moderate wind - 10-15 mph. and wind chill temps in the low 30's.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Romo carries the offense to 20 points.
Defense lays down and gives up 30 points

Add the special teams gaffe, and it's

Commanders 37 Cowboys 20.

Has this team shown me anything to prove otherwise?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2420737 said:
Romo carries the offense to 20 points.
Defense lays down and gives up 30 points

Add the special teams gaffe, and it's

Commanders 37 Cowboys 20.

Has this team shown me anything to prove otherwise?

don't you agree w/ me!

Ren

Reaction score
I can't remember the last time a skins cowboys game had this much at stake might re-spark the rivalry a bit since Dallas seems more focused on the Giants then the skins in recent years