Cowboys - Commanders predictions

EthanThorn

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2420754 said:
Only if you lose the rest of your games.

Thanks.

Not gonna happen :cool:. Seriously though... no Portis + Romo returning = Cowboys huge win.

Section446

Reaction score
EthanThorn;2420762 said:
Not gonna happen :cool:. Seriously though... no Portis + Romo returning = Cowboys huge win.
You would think but we've screwed up easier games than this before.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
EthanThorn;2420762 said:

Seriously though

Cowboys vs. Rams = Cowboys huge win.

fan62

Reaction score
Commanders 38
Cowboys 24

Would love to see this go just the opposite, but returning players will be rusty. Romo will be under solid pressure all game and could even cause further damage to his right pinkie. Of course the skins will be trying to hit that finger. Six weeks is normal healing period for a broken bone, at least for anyone under 30. Too soon for Romo to return.

EthanThorn

Reaction score
The thing is you guys no longer have that pressure on you that you did at the beginning of the year. The adversity that you guys have faced these last couple of weeks could be just what is needed to help bring your team together and raise their level of play. I still consider your team the biggest threat in our division to the Giants.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
fan62;2420775 said:
Commanders 38
Cowboys 24

Would love to see this go just the opposite, but returning players will be rusty. Romo will be under solid pressure all game and could even cause further damage to his right pinkie. Of course the skins will be trying to hit that finger. Six weeks is normal healing period for a broken bone, at least for anyone under 30. Too soon for Romo to return.

been saying this for weeks.. people confuse that as pessimism when it's just reality

Yes, it would be awesome if Romo could come out and play circa 2007 but given the nature of his injury and the limited amount of time needed for it to properly heal it just isn't very likely

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
HurdIsNoTurd;2420780 said:
My prediction is that there will be a lot of skins fans that sold their tickets to cowboys fans.
Thats true of every large stadium. when the new 100,000 seat stadium opens, y'all will have a hard time filling it w/Boys fans every week. Smaller stadiums are better for the home field. (I miss RFK)

Ren

Reaction score
SkinsFan28;2420797 said:
Thats true of every large stadium. when the new 100,000 seat stadium opens, y'all will have a hard time filling it w/Boys fans every week. Smaller stadiums are better for the home field. (I miss RFK)

for normal games it will only have around 80,000 seats it can be expanded to around 100,000 IIRC

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I predict the Cowboys defense puts on a show that makes everyone in the league stand up and take note. In addition, I think the offense puts up points that makes the Commanders feel a tingle in their, um you know what.

Big show in Washington!

After tonight, no one will question The Dallas Cowboys 2008 season.

:D

links18

Reaction score
Commanders win 24-16. This team just isn't that good right now--Romo or not. If the defense lays down the way it did last week against the Giants once they get behind, it could be even uglier......:mad:

Apefist

Reaction score
from a Commanders blog:

What is the single-biggest key to Sunday’s game for the Commanders, and what is your predicted final score?
The key to the game might be whether idiot Commanders fans sell their tickets to Cowboys fans. I was at the Steelers game in the lower bowl and surrounded by Steelers fans. When the game started poorly for the Steelers fans, they were quiet, but when the momentum turned it was like a home game for Pittsburgh. I was disappointed and very angry.
Assuming the stadium is the normal home game for us, the key is forcing the Cowboys into being one dimensional. The last game against the Boys, they abandoned the run early themselves. The problem with playing defense against the Cowboys when they are clicking is that you have to play your base defense or you have to disguise when you are selling out against the run or the pass because if you put 8 men in the box they’ll kill you with the pass. If you back off for the pass, they’ll kill you with Barber.
Of course, all of this is moot if Romo’s finger is worse than reported.

My prediction? Honestly, I think there is a 50-50 chance we’re going to lose depending on how rusty Romo is and whether Portis can be himself.

Jean-Jacques Taylor is entirely correct about the importance of Sunday night’s game:
The time for talk – by owners or players – is over. It’s time for these Cowboys to shut up and play because the season hinges on today’s game against Washington.
Beat the Commanders and, as Tony Romo said earlier this week, the Cowboys can still achieve all the goals they set in training camp.
Lose, and the season is over.
They’ll finish 7-9, miss the playoffs and be remembered in franchise annals as the most disappointing Cowboys team ever. Then we can focus all of our attention on when Wade Phillips gets fired and whether Jason Garrett has earned the right to replace him.
Win, and the Cowboys will enter December with a three-game winning streak, 10 days of rest and the knowledge they control their playoff destiny.

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
Just letting you know, Portis will be playing some tonight. Shawn Springs is out. I sure hope we can cover your receivers/tight ends. Or that the wind kicks up to 25 mph for the next few hours....

Woods

Reaction score
As much as I hope we win, I think it's 24-17 to the Skins.

I even hate thinking this, but I just don't have confidence in the coaching staff and our players.

I really, really, really hope they prove me wrong.

This is a signature game in so many ways for our team. We just play too inconsistently, and I don't know how Romo will perform as this is his first game back.

This can't be about Romo getting the win type mentality. It has to be about the entire team playing much, much better football.

I hope we come out ready to play 60 minutes of football tonight. We're running out of lives.