Cowboys confident Zeke can lead a running back-by-committee backfield

infamousstyles

Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind that we have the worse FO in the league. Regardless if this says will mcclay is saying this. This is all the jones words fed through him. It’s disgusting.

rambo2

Reaction score
Whatever side of the fence you sit on with Dak…or Lance…this experiment is doing them no favors because they will get teed off on with no run game and Jerry and Stephen will act like they never saw it coming.
They should have a run game with the new editions to the oline.

Sydla

Reaction score
“Zeke is a winning, starting running back in the league,” Will McClay, the Cowboys vice president of player personnel, told Joseph Hoyt of lonestarlive.com on Wednesday. “So, you turn on the tape. You saw him do things, running power gap schemes, running inside and outside zone, helping in pass protection – all those things to show that the ability was still there. Adding him to this roster, it adds a guy that, No. 1, loves football; that wants to win here; that wants to be here; and that adds something to the roster from a leadership standpoint, as well as an ability to play.
He can't honestly expect us to believe this, right?

Elliott didn't even start for the lowly Pats for much of the season.

The last time we were sold the position by committee logic, the season started off as a disaster and the Cowboys had to overpay for a WR halfway through the season. They really think we are dumb fans.

Sydla

Reaction score
They should have a run game with the new editions to the oline.
Two rookies who have never taken a NFL start, one who is very raw and only has 14 starts (at RT) under his belt.

I am pretty confident our run game will be, if everything even goes right, average at best. This season is riding on Dak. He's going to get minimal assistance from his run game, just like last year.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He can't honestly expect us to believe this, right?

Elliott didn't even start for the lowly Pats for much of the season.

The last time we were sold the position by committee logic, the season started off as a disaster and the Cowboys had to overpay for a WR halfway through the season. They really think we are dumb fans.
Zeke had 900+ APY as RB2 last season.

He’s far from washed.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Two rookies who have never taken a NFL start, one who is very raw and only has 14 starts (at RT) under his belt.

I am pretty confident our run game will be, if everything even goes right, average at best. This season is riding on Dak. He's going to get minimal assistance from his run game, just like last year.
CooperB is All American/All Conf.

He’s gonna be ok.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Jerry said last week how he really watched Zeke play at the end of last year. Jerry says there was no doubt in his mind that Zeke would be a RB1 in 2024.

Jerry knows how to talk 'em up.
FTFY

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
At this point I don’t think Zeke’s issue is even physical tread issue. He’s supposedly is and looks to be in the best shape of his career every year a continues to decline. To me it more a mental processing issue. From, eyes, to brain, to reaction is a tick off. Accumulation of hits to the head from his style of running!
I don't think the evidence shows that. He was running well for us in 2021 and 2022 before suffering knee injuries. His body just hasn't held up to the pounding.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
What do you want them to do? There were way too many holes on the team to be fixed/replaced during the draft but not enough picks. Plus, the RB they wanted (Brooks) was taken early in the 2nd round, way before the Cowboys 56th pick. Had the Cowboys used their 1st round pick on RB Jonathon Brooks instead of on OT Tyler Guyton, you guys would have thrown a major tantrum.

Bottom line, bringing Zeke back on a 1 year deal to help the current RB crew be a run-by-committee group this year of 2024 will have to do for now. It also doesn't mean another veteran RB can't be brought in once teams are forced to cut down to 53 players before the regular season starts. This year's current moves pretty much guarantees next year's draft 1st round pick will likely be on a stud young RB.
Them going RB in the first round next year isn't a given, would be nice but with this bunch who knows. And yay! I guess? After teams cut down we can sign another Ronald Jones. :laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm probably going to record the games, and watch them when it's convenient. I'm no longer scheduling ANYTHING around Cowboys games. If I catch wind that we lost beforehand, I'm not even going to waste my time.
I almost never watch a game live anymore, I just DVR the game and watch it later when I can skip all the advertising and half time.

The days of sitting down and watching 6+ hours of football on Sundays ended when the kids started arriving.:laugh:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
No need to mention Lance. He won't ever start, plus he will be gone after this season since the Cowboys already said they will not pick up his $23 million (2025) 5th year rookie contract option. Lance is not going to stick around to remain a backup, much less to get paid backup QB pay. He's going to be gone after this year.
Most likely! But my point stands that Dak or whomever people like will have a rough go of it with the current RB by committee. Set up to fail as teams pin their ears back