Twitter: Cowboys considering a David Irving return?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Looks they're at least looking into it.......well, what can it hurt, I guess. But here's the difference between Mike and Jason. By his own admission, Mike's an alpha. These type players and their issues don't intimidate Mike one bit. If he has to deal with them, so be it. Jason, on the other hand, wanted the right kind of guys.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys may be looking at the situation but I would be surprised if he’s brought back if he’s reinstated. He proved that he doesn’t love football and isn’t dedicated to playing the game. You can’t depend on guys like him and that was evident when he was part of the team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The Cowboys may be looking at the situation but I would be surprised if he’s brought back if he’s reinstated. He proved that he doesn’t love football and isn’t dedicated to playing the game. You can’t depend on guys like him and that was evident when he was part of the team.

I agree 100% but motivation can be a tricky thing when you need money.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree 100% but motivation can be a tricky thing when you need money.

If he’s coming back because he needs money that’s another good reason to steer clear of him. Can’t imagine the team would have much trust in him. He was given a great opportunity and walked away from the game. The organization needs to stop wasting their time with players like him. You can’t count on them and they become a distraction.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Looks they're at least looking into it.......well, what can it hurt, I guess. But here's the difference between Mike and Jason. By his own admission, Mike's an alpha. These type players and their issues don't intimidate Mike one bit. If he has to deal with them, so be it. Jason, on the other hand, wanted the right kind of guys.

Instead of confronting players acting up, Garrett seemed to avoid and then ship them off. Lost opportunities to manage guys into productivity.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Gregory, Irvin, might as well bring back Purple Drank McClain also.

As much as I instantly hated the Gregory pick (still do) and as much trash as I’ve talked on him, I’ve begun to realize he’s not a bad guy. He’s just got severe depression and anxiety. I actually have grown to feel bad for him.

Now Irving, while probably a better player than Gregory since he can play anywhere, is a total ***

Kolemmitt

Reaction score

That is a biggie for me. I think assistants can be passive, but the HC has to be an alpha. Jimmy, Bill, etc. If you have that in your head coach, you can take on a few jerks that a guy like Garrett couldn't handle.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It sounds like ALL options are on the table .......If you can play, we'll listen, even FORMER Cowboy players. Hell, this is actually in line with maybe giving Dez another chance.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That is a biggie for me. I think assistants can be passive, but the HC has to be an alpha. Jimmy, Bill, etc. If you have that in your head coach, you can take on a few a-holes that a guy like Garrett couldn't handle.

Exactly .........well said

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Love the royal purple dranker, would probably be the best LB if came back, if was ready to play, but we know that will not happen because he has been suspended.

Actually, I thought I read something where he had applied for reinstatement........

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s clear Irving doesn’t give a crap about football or anything else for that matter. No way would I waste anymore time with him. It’s obvious he needs money. This interview was after he quit football.

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score
Well, David has to get back in the league before this is much of a story, so we'll see.