Twitter: Cowboys considering a David Irving return?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Cavanaugh & Broaddus are radio guys. Why would any of you believe what any Tom, Dick or Harry have to say.
Irving coming back.... :lmao:
3qfaxq.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The obvious reason Irving is looking to get reinstated is the NFL’s plan to soften it’s stance on testing positive for marijuana with no game suspensions. Now he wouldn’t have to give up pot to play. Pot is more important to him than football.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Looks they're at least looking into it.......well, what can it hurt, I guess. But here's the difference between Mike and Jason. By his own admission, Mike's an alpha. These type players and their issues don't intimidate Mike one bit. If he has to deal with them, so be it. Jason, on the other hand, wanted the right kind of guys.

The other theory is that McCarthy smokes weed too.

Just throwing it out there.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It sounds like ALL options are on the table .......If you can play, we'll listen, even FORMER Cowboy players. Hell, this is actually in line with maybe giving Dez another chance.
Maybe cause we all know the little church boy red head has left the building. Imagine getting a pep talk from him, it probably be more awkward than the dad from american pie.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It’s clear Irving doesn’t give a crap about football or anything else for that matter. No way would I waste anymore time with him. It’s obvious he needs money. This interview was after he quit football.

Simple minded. Dude is a beast and we should most def bring him back.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Gregory, Irvin, might as well bring back Purple Drank McClain also.

Problem with characters like that is when they leave or if you have to show them to the door, then you have to go shopping at the Home Depot for replacements.
For my money I think you're better off filling that roster spot with the best available from the draft or FA when they're available...... Somebody that actually wants to play football.

Last edited:

chagus

Reaction score
I think the real point is being missed here: MM saw first hand how disruptive Irving could be during that 2016 end of season game. You dont think Mike wants that on HIS Dline? Pfft!! Heck yeah he does!!!

Silverz1972

Reaction score
He loves weed nd maybe out of money to buy more. If they don’t him, I see him in Denver. Lol

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I think the real point is being missed here: MM saw first hand how disruptive Irving could be during that 2016 end of season game. You dont think Mike wants that on HIS Dline? Pfft!! Heck yeah he does!!!

Here's another real point......how "disruptive" will it be when they have to replace him... a-g-a-i-n ?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Coming near him would be a mistake by the Cowboys. Frankly, I don't believe the rumor that they are even considering this.

chagus

Reaction score
Here's another real point......how "disruptive" will it be when they have to replace him... a-g-a-i-n ?
Counter point: the only thing wrong with marijuana is that its IILLEGAL... until now.

Here's a quote from Irving. Sounds like he knows what he's talking about, not some mindless thug looking for a payday:

"I was given hydrocodone for pain," he said. "For anxiety, Xanax. For sleep, Ambien and Seroquel and I was also given Gabapentin. These were pills that I was prescribed to live, by the NFL, to help me get by. Marijuana covers all those bases. You can take it to go to sleep, you can take it for your mood. You can take it for anxiety. CBD helps with inflammation, pain, just like all the pills, but it doesn't kill your liver and it's not addictive."

" We shouldn't have to take pills in order to keep our bodies right."

Whats he in trouble for again?

bb721

Reaction score
If he gets reinstated he will be a Free Agent, able to sign with any team in the league, not sure if he’d even want to come back to the Cowboys.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Counter point: the only thing wrong with marijuana is that its IILLEGAL... until now.
Here's a quote from Irving. Sounds like he knows what he's talking about, not some mindless thug looking for a payday:
"I was given hydrocodone for pain," he said. "For anxiety, Xanax. For sleep, Ambien and Seroquel and I was also given Gabapentin. These were pills that I was prescribed to live, by the NFL, to help me get by. Marijuana covers all those bases. You can take it to go to sleep, you can take it for your mood. You can take it for anxiety. CBD helps with inflammation, pain, just like all the pills, but it doesn't kill your liver
and it's not addictive."

Nooooo, it's not addictive. Despite the fact that the vast majority of NFL players keep playing and passing the drug tests every year but Irving couldn't do it, but "Noooooo, it's not addictive." He can't play football because he can't play without drugs. He can't even go without the drugs long enough to pass the test. What other kinds of drugs does he need that he's not talking about?

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Maybe? I would put it way past the maybe stage. But I would still like to see him in training camp to see what happens. There is no real downside.

Count me .........IF he's reinstated, willing to sign a vet min, let's see where he's at, physically and mentally. If he's not there, cut him and move on, simple as that IMO. Remember no one ever questioned David's physical talent, it's his head.