Cowboys counting on Deuce Vaughn?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Counting on him for what?? 6 inches per carry??
Already ranked third in franchise history in rushing yards, average rushing yards per game and average yards per carry, it sounds as if Elliott has no plans on slowing his pen down as he inks his next chapter in his Cowboys' legacy.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ezekiel-elliott-opens-up-about-cowboys-reunion

All time Cowboys rushers:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/career-rushing.htm

Emmitt
Dorsett
Elliott

Last edited:

silver

Reaction score
Counting on him playing Baby Jesus in The Nativity Story.

Reaction score
I still believe in Deuce. I don’t think he got much of an opportunity last year.

Half the time when he carried the ball last year, tacklers were instantly in the backfield. He was being met before the LOS.

Deuce needs a hole to run through that allows him to get up to speed, and then he can break guys ankles. His side to side ability in the open field is where he shines.
The reason why tacklers were in the backfield is because Deuce is too small to pass protect. When he is in the game, the defense knows it’s a run (or very short pass). He is a gimmick player who will never see significant snaps.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I repeat, when did we see him?

23 carries is just over 1 carry a game. Into obvious running situations.

What kind of serious evaluation of any player can be done under that condition?
It's not just the carries, it's also the 1.7 ypc. Talk about Zeke's 3.5, Deuce's is less than half that.

But that's okay, I would be thrilled if he turned into a really good change of pace back, just don't think he will be.

Tell you what - let's see what he's done in another full season or two, if he's getting good production, or if he's been cut or otherwise has done little, let's meet here again. I'll publicy apologize to Deuce, you and anybody else for doubting him. But if I'm right, I expect the same from his boosters.

Deal?

dcstar

Reaction score
Good luck Mr Vaughn!

I remember Mighty Mack Heron!

Go Cowboys!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I was a fan of Vaughn’s play at KState, but was somewhat surprised that he received very little play last year. Based on the Cowboy’s refusal to play Deuce last year, one would assume that the Cowboys are not really counting on him this season to do a lot.

On the other hand, unless Zeke has regained his burst, some RB has to be guy capable of taking it to the house.
I don’t think that’s Dowdle.

Do you think that the Cowboys plan to give Deuce an actual shot at RB, or is this just a feel good story that never went anywhere?
I don't think it's Deuce either. :laugh:

raven55

Reaction score
it's a roster spot loss he isn't big enough to run between the tackles any body with common sense can see that at most he could be a limited spot player and the trey lance trade is a sucker punch by san fran and JERRY was the sucker and the team was the loser

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Vaughn needs to become the pass catcher out the backfield. and find other ways to get him involved in space.
This.
Vaughn is competing with Turpin, and Turpin is delivering. I think Vaughn is on the PS this year. Maybe gets to the roster if one of the RBs gets hurt and will miss a full game.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
I was a fan of Vaughn’s play at KState, but was somewhat surprised that he received very little play last year. Based on the Cowboy’s refusal to play Deuce last year, one would assume that the Cowboys are not really counting on him this season to do a lot.

On the other hand, unless Zeke has regained his burst, some RB has to be guy capable of taking it to the house. I don’t think that’s Dowdle.

Do you think that the Cowboys plan to give Deuce an actual shot at RB, or is this just a feel good story that never went anywhere?
Deuce will either be released or practice squad

raven55

Reaction score
a few good hits and adios to the medical people. he was a good college player but now the big boys can run as fast as you and the hit is gonna be bad