Cowboys Culture causes this teams problems

leeblair

Reaction score
Who else thinks it’s the Cowboys culture that causes this team so many problems. Same problems year in and year out. I think players come into Dallas where there is not as much accountability as other teams and take things more lackadaisically and don’t work as hard and why they always make none head mistakes and penalties.
I said this in another thread and got roasted for it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Who else thinks it’s the Cowboys culture that causes this team so many problems. Same problems year in and year out. I think players come into Dallas where there is not as much accountability as other teams and take things more lackadaisically and don’t work as hard and why they always make none head mistakes and penalties.
They are just trying to ruin it for the rest of us.

But, seriously, Jerry has a heart of gold for the chronic injured, the already rich player and likes thuggery and skills over field production.
He needs a Bellichick to keep the troops in line.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The last time players in Dallas had any fear/respect of/for leadership was when Jimmy was coach.

Even Parcells couldn't command it after 10 years of Jerry's coddling. Jerry even signed a guy (TO) who Parcells clearly didn't want ("the player").

Cmac

Reaction score
Yes. I've said this many times. McCarthy inherited a team devoid of talent. Couple that with Garrett's lack of coaching we have what's probably a mess of a team.
From the top to bottom....this team is troubled with GM, scouting, and coaching flaws/experiments....thus the mediocrity.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry could save money just by letting one of his grandsons coach the team.

irving

Reaction score
I agree with the team possibly not being held accountable, I don't agree that the team is devoid of talent. They wouldn't be able to compete as well as they do sometimes if they were devoid of talent. I also agree that there has been some issues regarding the scouting and drafting of certain players.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
25 years and counting. Yep, the good ole Jones culture.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Yes. I've said this many times. McCarthy inherited a team devoid of talent. Couple that with Garrett's lack of coaching we have what's probably a mess of a team.

The Garrett residue will last for a couple of seasons.

Reaction score
Change players. Change coaches. Same result.

I think bad culture is an issue. I don't know if McCarthy can change it. But he needs time to try

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Completely agree...instead of having a football type atmosphere...it's corporate America BS geared to make money. It poisons everything within the organization. Players only care about money...not winning...once a player that walk through the door see that everyone is in it for themselves ...it just kills any player commitment to winning. Everyone is there just collecting a check...trying to get the most they can before getting mamme for life.

kwcool619

Reaction score

It starts with Jerry Jones. He has allowed this current culture to continue for 25 plus years. Stop being Al Davis Jr.! Get a football savvy GM. Let the coaches coach. Reevaluate the draft day philosophy. Rethink taking chances on players who were injury prone during their college careers. Stop giving big contracts to average players!!!! Why is Boise State so popular on draft day?

What are the core values of this organization? Is it to field the best 50 football players in the NFL? How about having the Cowboys being identified with discipline, accountability, mental toughness, a team mindset, consistent Championship level performance on the field?

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the absolute truth. The Jerry culture is cancerous. There’s no accountability at the top with him or his kids, so there’s no accountability anywhere else. The Jones boys are fat and lazy. Too busy counting their money to care about being serious about winning.

I was hoping McCarthy would bring some toughness to this culture, but that can’t just happen overnight. Besides, has Jerry really changed at all? If not, the culture hasn’t either.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This is the absolute truth. The Jerry culture is cancerous. There’s no accountability at the top with him or his kids, so there’s no accountability anywhere else.

I was hoping McCarthy would bring some toughness to this culture, but that can’t just happen overnight. Besides, has Jerry really changed at all? If not, the culture hasn’t either.
:hammer:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Team has put too much stock into players they shouldn't have.
They are still using the formula they used forever.

Pay a core of player the majority of the cap..

draft rookies and pay them the cheaper rookie scale..

sign 2nd and 3rd tier FA becuz they are cheap and coach them up

This is who we are.

Living in the past and paying the price for that.

It crazy.

the playmaker

Reaction score
I’d like to see this team healthy before I make an assessment of how good or bad they are. The defensive backs flat out stink but we knew that going into this season. A healthy Tyron and La’el would’ve won us that game yesterday, I think we’re a better team than Seattle.
He's IR....bcz "bad culture"

catiii

Reaction score
I have been saying this for years, but people call me a troll.
Why is it hard to accept that we are a mediocre team.
We are no longer used to winning
We are no longer a model franchise
We are no longer a dominant force in the nfl
And slowly but surely,, we celebrate petty wins
We are an average team
Zactly. Half this board even celebrates losses and stats as moral victories. Still the same old participation trophy mindset even on this board. "But..but.. but....we came SO CLOSE," or "But we threw for 800 yards!!" WHATEVA!! It's the W that counts.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
fool Garrett is gone
Yeah..

But the old fool Jerrah is still controlling everything.

As much as many think McCarthy is independent of Jerrah..

he is not.

We can still see Jerrah at work.

Moore still being here is not McCarthy.

It's the old fool still calling the shots about staff.

Some have said Moore is the leading next HC coach

and that is probably true.

It never stops