Cowboys Culture causes this teams problems

bewp7

Reaction score
this is a jerry problem and it showed very obviusly with jason garrett and his 100 mile long leash. just imo but jerry mix his personal feelings with people too much!

wecasa

Reaction score
This is the absolute truth. The Jerry culture is cancerous. There’s no accountability at the top with him or his kids, so there’s no accountability anywhere else. The Jones boys are fat and lazy. Too busy counting their money to care about being serious about winning.

I was hoping McCarthy would bring some toughness to this culture, but that can’t just happen overnight. Besides, has Jerry really changed at all? If not, the culture hasn’t either.
I'm no Jones Family fan. But how in the world can jerry not see that if this team was actually successful at football, winning playoff games and Lombardi trophies, that they would be printing money. I mean there isn't a salary cap on gm's, coaches or scouting. So why not get the best football people in the game. Pay them well, let them do their thing and stay out of the way. Consistently one of the most money making organizations in the NFL with limited results in the last 20+ years. How valuable would they be if they had 1 or 2 more banners to hang?

My thoughts are Jerry is so bent on proving to the rest of the football world that he is a football guy and won't admit that he doesn't have the first clue. He won't swallow his pride and admit that he was wrong and turn the keys over to a competent GM. I don't see any other owner giving injury updates throughout the week. Bob Kraft was news for a bit for the old rub and tug he got at the spa in florida. In the KC market where I live, Rarely do I hear a peep for Clark Hunt except when players are signed. Andy Reid is on tv almost as much as Mahomes is.

No one is accountable to anyone above the coach. Jerry doesn't answer to anyone. As long as the money is coming in, he thinks he's doing well. It would take a tremendous effort to put a dent in the profitability of the cowboys. I don't think Jerry does anything until the books are in the red.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I don't know that it's about him running the show, I think it's more about him being the face off the organization, it gives the impression to the players that the coach is powerless. I heard him say today he has the game plan every week, watches the film then is involved in the corrections, we know he speaks in the lockeroom, I love his passion and love him as the owner, but I think sometimes his aurora takes away from just pure football.
All valid points.

I met Jerrah back in 1996 after our last SB win.

Jerrah is totally charming and very persuasive to say the least.

Anybody would respect who he is.

and most of us would be tinkled pink if he asked something of us.

But Jerrah always makes it clear he is the last word if you work for him.
That is both good and bad when it comes to 53 guys whom he employs.

He will not be here much longer as he is up in his middle 70's.

So we wait..

rags747

Reaction score
Former Ohio St coach was my pick, Jerry went with the easy choice, Very unlike him to play it safe...

kwcool619

Reaction score
I'm no Jones Family fan. But how in the world can jerry not see that if this team was actually successful at football, winning playoff games and Lombardi trophies, that they would be printing money. I mean there isn't a salary cap on gm's, coaches or scouting. So why not get the best football people in the game. Pay them well, let them do their thing and stay out of the way. Consistently one of the most money making organizations in the NFL with limited results in the last 20+ years. How valuable would they be if they had 1 or 2 more banners to hang?

My thoughts are Jerry is so bent on proving to the rest of the football world that he is a football guy and won't admit that he doesn't have the first clue. He won't swallow his pride and admit that he was wrong and turn the keys over to a competent GM. I don't see any other owner giving injury updates throughout the week. Bob Kraft was news for a bit for the old rub and tug he got at the spa in florida. In the KC market where I live, Rarely do I hear a peep for Clark Hunt except when players are signed. Andy Reid is on tv almost as much as Mahomes is.

No one is accountable to anyone above the coach. Jerry doesn't answer to anyone. As long as the money is coming in, he thinks he's doing well. It would take a tremendous effort to put a dent in the profitability of the cowboys. I don't think Jerry does anything until the books are in the red.

As long as Jerral Wayne Jones continues his Al Davis-style mentality, nothing will change.