Cowboys currently sit with the 3 overall draft pick

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
There’s very little chance we finish worse than the Jags or Jets so drafting a QB is probably not in play. It’s looking more likely that we win a few more games and draft 5th or 6th. LB, DT, OT will be the focus hopefully.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Everyone has a different opinion about tanking, but the Cowboys looked way better today than they have all season. Gallimore, Randy Gregory, LVE, Diggs, Aldon Smith look like players we can really build with on D and the offense was juiced with Dak on the field. The Oline should be back intact next year and they have 4 comp picks in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds respectively. Having the 2nd or 3rd overall pick is important because I think there will be a bidding war for Justin Fields and I think it would benefit the Cowboys more to trade the pick & add draft picks and have the flexibility to move around in the draft to get players they really want/need. I can really see this being one of those 3-13 to 13-3 teams in one year (similar to the 2015/2016 Cowboys).

Totally disagree. With Dak, we had the #1 offense. Steelers came out flat, but when they decided to show up 2nd half, we were done offensively.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
And we’re still what, one game out of 1st place in the division? :omg:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Everyone has a different opinion about tanking, but the Cowboys looked way better today than they have all season. Gallimore, Randy Gregory, LVE, Diggs, Aldon Smith look like players we can really build with on D and the offense was juiced with Dak on the field. The Oline should be back intact next year and they have 4 comp picks in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds respectively. Having the 2nd or 3rd overall pick is important because I think there will be a bidding war for Justin Fields and I think it would benefit the Cowboys more to trade the pick & add draft picks and have the flexibility to move around in the draft to get players they really want/need. I can really see this being one of those 3-13 to 13-3 teams in one year (similar to the 2015/2016 Cowboys).
Well, I'm thinking if MM lasts the whole season we have a great chance at a 1 or 2. From what I've been reading, Lawrence doesn't want to be a JET and if that's the case maybe the Cowboys could trade their #1 in 2021 and 2022. If the JETS don't bite Lawrence might return back to school.

Verdict

Reaction score
To be fair he swung and missed.

I’m not sure that’s any better.
Upon further review I think he was swatting at his arm. Go rewatch it and see what you think. I thought the same thing you did initially, but the camera angle makes a lot of difference.

Verdict

Reaction score
Well, I'm thinking if MM lasts the whole season we have a great chance at a 1 or 2. From what I've been reading, Lawrence doesn't want to be a JET and if that's the case maybe the Cowboys could trade their #1 in 2021 and 2022. If the JETS don't bite Lawrence might return back to school.
I don’t think the Cowboys will be giving up two picks for Lawrence. I might be wrong, but I think the Cowboys will trade down, not up.

ICP

Reaction score
That's great for now but the way they have been playing the past couple of games has me worried they might win the division. :(

In fact, after looking at Philly and Washingtons remaining schedules compared to the Cowboys, I find it hard to believe they won't win the division if they keep playing like they have the last couple games.

Last edited:

kevm3

Reaction score
Picking 3rd isn't only about the first round, but you get to pick 3rd in all the other rounds. Winning more games would be terrible. We have a much higher chance of getting our guys the better our position is and drafting well is crucial because we are awful in free agency.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Honestly why is this something to be happy about? This organization will just screw up the picks like they have for years.

Plus tyron smith is a questionable player going forward and Dak's cap number is going to be a huge problem.

This organization is worth 5 billion dollars and they are excited about moral victories in the middle of a season.

if all it was about was the draft then the lousy teams in 15, 17 and 19 should have brought enough draft capital to build a good team by now.

it will just be the same ol thing. These idiots will probably draft a WR.
Agreed. Not only that I would rather win a few more games and have a few potential players play good then win zero games and basically have 3 to 4 less viable starters next season

That's why I don't like tanking. I'd rather have 12 starters play good and hard and win 5 games then have only 7 or 8 starters play well and win 2 games.

Moving up a couple spots in the draft isn't worth the trade-off of having almost a handful of your players not being NFL starters

Cowfan75

Reaction score
The thing that sucks is if they play like they did today they are going to win 3 more games....

this is a 5-11 team if they play like they did today the rest of the year and that sucks

Yup. Today indicates we can beat The Team, Giants, and Eagles.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We are 2 spots from Trevor Lawrence.. All we have to do is reach out and go grab this opportunity.

Lose out.. Let the Jags win a game. Sell the farm for Lawrence..

It’s all right there. We could be a championship team again if they will just go do it. 2 spots from a decade of glory.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That's great for now but the way they have been playing the past couple of games has me worried they might win the division. :(

In fact, after looking at Philly and Washingtons remaining schedules compared to the Cowboys, I find it hard to believe they won't win the division if they keep playing like they have the last couple games.

It’s sickening to think about.

You just know this team is too foolish to look at the big picture.

Trevor Lawrence is our chance to be a champion again. It’s right there. We are 2 spots away.

Put Ben Dennucci back in. That’s the smart thing to do. This season is lost and you can gain so much if you wouldn’t be such stubborn fools.

Get out of country club mode and do whatever it takes to get that guy and re-energize this fan base.