RELEASED Cowboys cut Bailey and Keep Maher!

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
I'm seriously dumbfounded as to what this front office is trying to accomplish. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like they are trying to torpedo the season, before it even starts. I have always questioned the Cowboys front office, but they look Cleveland Browns bad this year.

plymkr

Reaction score
Wow ... are we tanking?
Yes, I think we're going for the 1st overall pick. Nothing else would justify this.

Seriously tho, this is not your team from 2 years ago. Bailey, Bryant, Witten, Romo, all gone.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Sometimes these things happen. Janikowski is the Raiders all time leading scorer and has 8 NFL records and has tied a few others. Hurt his back last year and was not invited back to compete. Seattle signed him and he missed 2 out 3 XP's the other night. You just never know.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That’s been my issue with the team,I just posted about it in some thread. I’m guessing his contract was too big,parallel to his health concerns or something. If not? Then Dallas is just being stupid,and throwing away future draft capital.
Yeah it was not smartly planned out, they could have traded bailey during offseason, saying he had some issues with coaches, or something.
They could have got a 4th maybe for him, at least a 6th.
It seems like they just decided at the last minute.
So I wonder if maher misses that last fg, do they keep him or bailey ???
Bottom line is if handled better they could have got at least a low pick for 2019 draft.
now maybe they get a compensatory pick for him I dont know.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Like I said, no practice can ever simulate a real life game situation. And from what all media who covered EVERY training camp practice have said, he had 2 bad days. I'm not criticizing the actually cut, I'm criticizing the process in which they made the determination.

There's something to be said for that. We'll just have to see how this thing plays out. Anything can happen, no doubt. ;)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm seriously dumbfounded as to what this front office is trying to accomplish. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like they are trying to torpedo the season, before it even starts. I have always questioned the Cowboys front office, but they look Cleveland Browns bad this year.

Are you talking about Bailey or something else? Bailey clearly struggled with the mental part after the injury last season, and if it carried over to TC what were the Cowboys supposed to do?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah it was not smartly planned out, they could have traded bailey during offseason, saying he had some issues with coaches, or something.
Bottom line is if handled better they could have got at least a low pick for 2019 draft.

That would have meant making an early decision on both Bailey and Maher. Sometimes training camp and preseason have to play out to make a choice.

John813

Reaction score
I see his stats and they show a possible decline.
Has anyone complied his makes and misses every 10 yards, over those 3 years?

For example, if he had some misses over50 yards it still hurts but it's not as bad as a miss from 30-39 yards.

Last year i felt was an anomaly in that he was rushed back from injury .

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Who cares. He missed it, the coaches didn't like it, and now he is gone.

Breaking Bailey's misses in camp down to a science doesn't bring him back.

Okay, so you don't know how many he missed.

I understand why he was cut, but acting like going with Maher isn't a risk as well is silly.

We'll see how it goes. Bailey will probably kick in the NFL for another half decade, if not more, either way.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
these chicken littles are getting tiresome, enjoy your moping while we watch some football

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
trade a kicker?
really?