RELEASED Cowboys cut K Lirim Hajrullahu

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Normally, I would think any player who "won" a competition would feel confident in the confidence that the team had in him. However, kickers are a different breed, so I do not trust in any self-confidence Maher may be feeling right now.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Big leg means zero without consistency. Maher was let go for a reason. And this is the best we could do? Embarrassing offseason to say the least. NFL is a sport where the margin of victory is the smallest of any sport. So many games decided by less than one score and guess what that means? Kicking plays a big part. We have not had a reliable kicker since Bailey in 2016. This front office keeps throwing stuff to the wall and hoping it sticks.

Give me a guy who can be relied on from the 30s-low 50s rather than some big leg who can connect on the 60s but is horribly erratic with the ones he should be making.

It's the equivalent from the guy at the local court who can make the crazy trick shots but can not make the consistent short shots. So he gets killed in a game of HORSE.
Basically what I was saying and prod didn’t state very well...was last few years when Cowboys would miss a FG...esp a longer one and other team gets good field position they seemed to drive it down our throats because of no middle D or pass rush and just overall poor D play. That will not be the case on a consistent basis like in past years
We finally have a D with some true ballers and brawlers along with some depth and a helluva D coach settled in....I think we will be able to take even more chances because of the faith they have in the defense
Like I said....this year all about the D
Jmo

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I called it after we signed Maher. We’re familiar with him and he’s made kicks at the NFL level. Plus he has a big leg.

I still don't like him. So he made kicks in the NFL should not be the reason he gets to start.

I'm sure we could find someone better. This schtick that "we like our guys" past or present, is getting old.

Reactions: BAT

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I still don't like him. So he made kicks in the NFL should not be the reason he gets to start.

I'm sure we could find someone better. This schtick that "we like our guys" past or present, is getting old.

I don’t like him either but I trust him a little more than a kicker that’s never made a kick in the NFL. Maher did make a few important kicks for us. That does give him an edge over what we had in camp. Both were struggling to make kicks in practice.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Maher's kicks seem to double curve - they go right for a while then start to bend back left. Weird.

On long kicks, they eventually bend back. On shorter ones, they don't.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I called it after we signed Maher. We’re familiar with him and he’s made kicks at the NFL level. Plus he has a big leg.
So we need to be on edge for EPs again, Big Mac should go for 2 every time

Reactions: BAT