Cowboys Cut Kosier

lwehlers

Reaction score
i guess there goes the experiment of him playing center.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Wow. I thought we were going to wait until after the draft.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
WoW! I wonder who they are going after? It cannot just be them saving 1.5million. I guess it could be that and also allow him to find a new team?

What is the plan folks? :confused:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Dallas;4465120 said:
WoW! I wonder who they are going after? It cannot just be them saving 1.5million. I guess it could be that and also allow him to find a new team?

What is the plan folks? :confused:

Stay tuned . . . . . . . . . . its all a process

jblaze2004

Reaction score
hopefully some d-line/OLB player. Wimbley???? we need passrush.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
There's definitely a reason why we cut Kosier now. There must be a free agent signing on the horizon.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
He was done. It's the right move.

Thanks for the contributions, Kyle......

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
quality oplayer, quality person, most consistent guy on our OL but the injuries too their toll. Thanks Kyle.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
unionjack8;4465131 said:
quality oplayer, quality person, most consistent guy on our OL but the injuries too their toll. Thanks Kyle.

I agree.

Not a flashy guy but held his own and did a damn good job for a few years.

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
Now I'm Happy Again - Sweep It Clean Jerruh!!! Sweep That Rats Nest Clean!

Campo, Kosier, James, Newman, Brooking, Etc

reddyuta

Reaction score
I take my prediction of not Drafting Decastro back,he might still be in play now.

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
Kosier was a good dude, but no longer a starter.

Can we all be wrong and just that the Cowboys think Costa is "the " guy at Center?

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
Hagman;4465127 said:
He was done. It's the right move.

Thanks for the contributions, Kyle......

I agree. It was just too much for his body to handle a full season anymore, and whether you think they're an improvement or not, Bernadeau and Livings were brought in to at least go into the draft penciled in as the starters.

As for what's next, I'd love to see them bring in one of the FA centers that's still available, as there are a number of them that would bring a significant upgrade. But remember, this coaching staff thought enough of Costa to release Gurode last year, and while he didn't play well early on, he did improve in the second half of the season according to the coaching staff. Also, they've had Callahan looking at potential draftees at the position.

I don't think either G signing or Kosier's release closes the door on a quality O-lineman like DeCastro, Konz, Blake, Zeitler, etc. getting picked up.

In fact, if I was running the war room, and assuming they are value picks at the time, I'd be looking for a G and a C in the first 5 rounds, using the other picks on defense. That way, you fill out your depth and you let Arkin, Nagy, and Kowalski go toe to toe with some substantial competition for, at least, the back-up roles. And if someone like Konz comes in and shows that he's better than Costa, then start him.