Cowboys Cut Kosier

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Risen Star;4465207 said:
He's a slow typer.

:laugh2: We are for the most part fairly forgiving here. I hate trying to make a breaking news post. I gave up a long time ago trying.

Ain't NOTHING breaking here at the Zone. We break most things for everybody else. :)

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Wood;4465195 said:
move has to help Dallas average age.

There aren't many 30+ year old players left on the roster and there will be one less if they release Coleman.

arglebargle

Reaction score
It was a testament to Kosier that everytime he went out of the lineup, the line play went south.

Smart guy, worked hard. The Cowboys are probably giving him a chance to catch on somewhere else, out of respect. If he's got an interest in coaching, he'd be well worth looking at....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
UncFelix28;4465182 said:
lol I don't think Doucet is in their plans since they brought back Ogletree today.. Maybe they are thinking about Spencer at DE -Wimbley at LB... lol, crazy talk huh.. I know everyone will call me out and say Spencer isn't a DE, but whatever lol

I would love if they were considering Wimbley, then keep the tag on Spencer and try to work out a trade for less than a first-rounder before releasing him.

(I doubt Spencer would sign the tag knowing he had lost his job and the team no longer wanted him ... especially with the opportunity to seek out a long-term deal elsewhere.)

Of course, the problem with that is it delays our ability to use Spencer's cap space.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I'm not shocked about this. He was getting up there in age and we save money by cutting him. Best of luck kosier

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
It's hard to be disappointed with anyone on last years line being released outside of T. Smith. Of course D. Free is not going anywhere, despite his diminished play a large salary. The team should and will expect him to rebound this year. As far as the rest, all bets are off. Hardly a surprise cut IMO.

juck

Reaction score
Adios. I will be happy not seeing his sad sack get pushed around like a doll.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Somebody on the Zone mentioned Satele,i wonder if we go after him now.

ddh33

Reaction score
I think Kosier was always dependent on Livings.

Unfortunately, his injuries have been getting the better of him lately. I appreciate the guy a ton, and I feel like he has been a very underrated player here for years. But that last injury was going to carry a lengthy rehab too, right?

Doomsay

Reaction score
Kosier played at or above his pay scale for most of his time here. He got switched around, helped compensate for bad centers and tackles, mentored rookies, played really hurt, and we never heard a complaint from him. I hope that, if he has healed from last season, that he can come back in some capacity.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Thank you for you attitude, fire, and heart, Mountain Man.

You were the rock of this offensive line for many years. We will miss you.