Cowboys Cut Kosier

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This guy gave us some really solid years at OG. Added bonus that he made the line calls for the OL. Best of luck to him. Actually wouldn't surprise me to see him signed somewhere later in the offseason.

dantheman41

Reaction score
Thanks for everything Kyle! Solid reliable veteran for this team. Wish U the best!

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Wulfman;4465145 said:
I agree. It was just too much for his body to handle a full season anymore, and whether you think they're an improvement or not, Bernadeau and Livings were brought in to at least go into the draft penciled in as the starters.

As for what's next, I'd love to see them bring in one of the FA centers that's still available, as there are a number of them that would bring a significant upgrade. But remember, this coaching staff thought enough of Costa to release Gurode last year, and while he didn't play well early on, he did improve in the second half of the season according to the coaching staff. Also, they've had Callahan looking at potential draftees at the position.

I don't think either G signing or Kosier's release closes the door on a quality O-lineman like DeCastro, Konz, Blake, Zeitler, etc. getting picked up.

In fact, if I was running the war room, and assuming they are value picks at the time, I'd be looking for a G and a C in the first 5 rounds, using the other picks on defense. That way, you fill out your depth and you let Arkin, Nagy, and Kowalski go toe to toe with some substantial competition for, at least, the back-up roles. And if someone like Konz comes in and shows that he's better than Costa, then start him.

If they trot Costa out there to begin the year, I will lose my flippin mind and I don't lose my mind just willy nilly like some here do. :mad:

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Couple years too late. I'm not into saying thank you or good luck to players. They get paid money for that. He was paid well, and couldn't stay healthy, and wasn't all that great in the end. More than time to move on. I wish we hadn't replaced him with JAGs.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
Dallas;4465157 said:
If they trot Costa out there to begin the year, I will lose my flippin mind and I don't lose my mind just willy nilly like some here do. :mad:

Someone call the guys in the white coats, just to be on the safe side. :eek:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He was a good player for us and even the best guy on the line for a couple of years.

I wish we had a 28 year old Kosier. Oh well.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Thanks Kosier you gave us some pretty good years in the trenches.

Now give me E. Doucet, please!!!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dallas;4465120 said:
WoW! I wonder who they are going after? It cannot just be them saving 1.5million. I guess it could be that and also allow him to find a new team?

What is the plan folks? :confused:

Quick, name some more obscure offensive linemen teams are looking to get rid of.

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
lol I don't think Doucet is in their plans since they brought back Ogletree today.. Maybe they are thinking about Spencer at DE -Wimbley at LB... lol, crazy talk huh.. I know everyone will call me out and say Spencer isn't a DE, but whatever lol

slomoxn

Reaction score
I know people don't credit BR with being a real news source but since the FA has started they have been spot on with all reported moves and I just got a flash that Kosier has been released. Has anyone heard about this? Not sure I'm exactly ready for him to go, if nothing else he is experienced.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Wel... apparently the other post was being written at the same time so this can be expunged or purged or whatever. Thanks all, everyone is right on top of it as usual.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
slomoxn;4465199 said:
Wel... apparently the other post was being written at the same time so this can be expunged or purged or whatever. Thanks all, everyone is right on top of it as usual.

Its been up for about 30 minutes now. ;)

boysfanindc

Reaction score
UncFelix28;4465182 said:
lol I don't think Doucet is in their plans since they brought back Ogletree today.. Maybe they are thinking about Spencer at DE -Wimbley at LB... lol, crazy talk huh.. I know everyone will call me out and say Spencer isn't a DE, but whatever lol

O-Tree does not get a penny, unless he makes it to the first regular season game unless he got some very small signing bonus at signing.

popp1234

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4465134 said:
Good luck to you sir. Glad to have called you a Cowboy.

No doubt. The guy was very smart and was a solid addition to the team. Good luck and thanks, Kyle.