Twitter: Cowboys cutdown to 53 thread *Post #1 Updated* ***Merged***

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If these idiots keep Heath on the team and don't try to get Major Wright, then they don't care about winning. It's more about comfortability and politics.

Oh Jerry cares about winning. Winning because of him. Yet to happen though.

He also cares about winning at the bank.

We're just like every other team or some other nonsense I've read.

Zordon

Reaction score
Heath is making it IMO. The ST coach loves him and he's part of the process.
I can't watch that scrub for another season...please this is ridiculous we refuse to upgrade that position.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Special Teams coach is having his say in things, if some of you had not yet noticed. If you are not a front line starter, you better be playing special teams well.

Ever notice how our special teams still stink? We are probably one of the worst teams in covering kicks:mad:

Zordon

Reaction score
Bingo. a lot of people will read right by your post. but you have hit on something that is 100% right on the money. it's all about pets and brown nosing with Jerry and the gang. why do you think guys like Heath are still on the team?these people don't go by what you do. they go by who they like. it's pitiful.

Funny you say that b/c Brad Sham talks about Heath like he's his son. They LOVE to praise him for his work ethic. Who cares that he can't play or complete a form tackle.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
it appears that Wetzel, Patrick, Weems, Parnell, Berny, Leary, Tyron, Free, Martin and Fredrick all on the OL.

Does that sound right?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I can't watch that scrub for another season...please this is ridiculous we refuse to upgrade that position.

Well hopefully, if he's on the team at all, he won't be starting but just starring on special teams.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It's not so much that Clutts made the team, it's that we're going with a FB over a guy with talent like Williams. I know people are divided about whether FB is still a position of need in this league, but regardless.... this team can't tell me that Clutts is more valuable than Williams.

I'm not really defending the move but Williams would be the 4th string RB and probably not play much ST. Would the guy even be active on game day, much less get enough carries to justify his roster spot?

I don't really get keeping a FB either but DeMarco did really well when the right FB (Fiametta sic) was on the roster. That's likely the thought process, lets see if it right or not.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
it appears that Wetzel, Patrick, Weems, Parnell, Berny, Leary, Tyron, Free, Martin and Fredrick all on the OL.

Does that sound right?

Patrik was cut . Wetzel was terrible in the preseason . What was this team looking at ? At least we have 5 tackles , Heck we have a major weakness there right ?

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Haven't seen this anywhere yet. Can someone post the complete 53 man roster after all of the cuts? Or are we still not done with cuts yet?

Proximo

Reaction score
Thats the icing on the cake. They cut Byrd , Williams , Minter , Boatwright . Keep this horrid QB on the team . This front office is bottom 5 in the league. Ive changed my prediction from 7-9 to 5-11 . Yea it'll be a higher draft pick and we'll probably take a CB.

LOL. You changed your season prediction by 2 games because we cut a few guys who were barely going to see the field even if we kept them? Ya'll are hilarious.

Our FO is bottom five in the league? Then how have we ended up in contention for the division crown the last couple years? If our FO is so bad who's compensating and keeping us from being a 4 win team?

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I'm not really defending the move but Williams would be the 4th string RB and probably not play much ST. Would the guy even be active on game day, much less get enough carries to justify his roster spot?

I don't really get keeping a FB either but DeMarco did really well when the right FB (Fiametta sic) was on the roster. That's likely the thought process, lets see if it right or not.

I can understand that. What I am worried about is when/if Murray is gone next season, we'll be left with Dunbar and Randle. Not exactly comforting.