Twitter: Cowboys cutdown to 53 thread *Post #1 Updated* ***Merged***

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'm thinking these guys for the Practice Squad;

DEKenneth Boatright (Southern Illinois)
DT Dartwan Bush (Texas Tech)
WR LaRon Byrd (Miami) (if he clears waivers, which I doubt)
CB Terrance Mitchell (Oregon)
WR Jamar Newsome (Central Florida) (if he clears waivers, which I doubt)
C Ronald Patrick (South Carolina)
S Ryan Smith (Auburn)
LB Will Smith (Texas Tech)
TE Asa Watson (North Carolina State)
OT from waiver wire

Zman5

Reaction score
It's like they are trying to lose on purpose with some of these moves.

LOL

They need new excuses to keep JG around. You know the old "It's not the coach ...if the players could only execute!" excuse.

Why don't they start by keeping players who can actually execute instead of the players who can't because of lack of talent or being injury prone.

silver

Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head. You're exactly right. If Murray goes down , Randle and Dunbar are in no way shape or form capable of carrying the load . Williams was . Don't worry we have 5 offensive Tackles who made the team .

Me thinks Williams sealed his faith when he got nicked in the 3rd preseason game. He's like the Matt Johnson of RB's. Has a long history of missing time to injury. No way they were going to count on hims based on that. PS maybe.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a Devin Street fan at all. Would rather have Byrd or Newsome over Street.

Randle has absolutely nothing special about him. Williams is a much better running back and runs with power which we desperately need on this team against some defenses.

Keeping Clutts is a waste of a roster spot.

Weeden sucks and there are 30+ other Vaughan's that are either free agents or are being released today.

Honestly, this is the lowest enthusiasm I have had for the Cowboys going into a season ever and that includes the Campo years. If you take Romo out of the picture and factor in no Lawrence, no healthy Spencer, Scandrick suspended, Sean Lee IR'ed, Murray, Dunbar, Harris and Claiborne likely to get hurt in every game, this is probably the worst overall team we have fielded in decades.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Why 9 OL?

Because it's difficult to cut OL and put them on the practice squad.

It's like if you cut them early it's extremely hard to get them back especially if you have spent considerable time to develop them.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Sooooooooooooooo Byrd and Williams cut today?

Meme_Confused.jpg

:(

reddyuta

Reaction score
cut-hayden,lawrence,wtezel,clutts and vaughan.thats 5 guys who should not be on the roster tomorrow.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I can understand that. What I am worried about is when/if Murray is gone next season, we'll be left with Dunbar and Randle. Not exactly comforting.

Much prefer Williams as a runner...and he may very well be available if Murray gets hurt. and Randle disappoints

XDez88BeastX

Reaction score
I have to assume we are trying to trade one of these tackles why else would we carry 5 damn tackles, that would be assinine.

poost

Reaction score
I also don't think it's fair that they didn't allow Ryan Williams time to play in the last preseason game then went ahead and cut him.