Recommended Cowboys cuts and Roster Moves - Ratliff to PUP, Cook, Crawford to IR

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I have no idea but let's say there was little to no hit would you want to cut him?

It's a toss up for me right now. While I am far from convinced Tanney is ready to lead a team, Orton has really shown serious digression recently. His preseason play was absolutely appalling. Now, there is a chance that is merely a vey knowing he has nothing to prove and no way to improve his place on the depth chart, but he was bad. He makes a serious chunk of change for a backup. If that money could be freed up and used to pry one of the veteran guards out of retirement, I might do it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's a toss up for me right now. While I am far from convinced Tanney is ready to lead a team, Orton has really shown serious digression recently. His preseason play was absolutely appalling. Now, there is a chance that is merely a vey knowing he has nothing to prove and no way to improve his place on the depth chart, but he was bad. He makes a serious chunk of change for a backup. If that money could be freed up and used to pry one of the veteran guards out of retirement, I might do it.

There's been serious digression in Orton? Right now it's not even close between him and Tanney. Orton's stats in preseason have been better than his career averages so where's the digression? He's completed 76.2% of his passes which leads the team in preseason. He's had a couple of TD throws which ties him with Romo in preseason and he has a passer rating of 88.9. He's clearly outplayed Tanney. If you're prying a veteran guard out of retirement how much help would they be? If they're retired and still want to play they can't be worth a damn. This team would have no chance of staying afloat with Tanney if Romo goes down for a few games.

Staubacher

Reaction score

He played well in 3 of the 4 games. Don't know what games you watched

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Here's a little love for Micah Pellerin. I hope he manages to squeeze into the 53 or the practice squad somehow.

Same here. IMO, he has more upside than Sterling Moore. And would rather keep both over Frampton and McCray. Heath can grow into a Frampton type. McCray is one dimensional, beast on ST but lacks instincts to play safety.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Same here. IMO, he has more upside than Sterling Moore. And would rather keep both over Frampton and McCray. Heath can grow into a Frampton type. McCray is one dimensional, beast on ST but lacks instincts to play safety.

When people called Pellerin out a cpl games ago I wasn't really sure what they saw. I saw a kid who looked a little lost in the system over versus under, and knowing where safety help was, but he has a great knack for finding the ball in the air and showed some real toughness last week. Im not saying he is a world beater or a future starter, but I would like to keep him and see how he develops. The problem is, I don't know who I let go in order to keep him, especially if they decide to keep Heath.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
When people called Pellerin out a cpl games ago I wasn't really sure what they saw. I saw a kid who looked a little lost in the system over versus under, and knowing where safety help was, but he has a great knack for finding the ball in the air and showed some real toughness last week. Im not saying he is a world beater or a future starter, but I would like to keep him and see how he develops. The problem is, I don't know who I let go in order to keep him, especially if they decide to keep Heath.

Pellerin is a former S and it shows in how physical he is against the run. He has a little ballhawk in him too. I like Moore but Pellerin has more size, physicality and playmaking. Kiffen/Marinelli's D scheme is perfect for his style of play and he not only flashes but has improved in every preseason game.