Cowboys & Dak Prescott are expected to have deal done before free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Post above you says won’t have deal? Now we have deal? lol. Do not overpay this guy. At least DO NOt give him no trade clause etc. get an out in 1-2 years.
Ultimately no one really knows and in the articles/clips that are contradictory none of these guys seem to truly have inside info, they’re just speculating based on the existing contract.

Honestly I would assume nothing about how jerry is going to handle this situation.

kskboys

Reaction score
Regardless of whether Dak is great or terrible or somewhere in between, the current contract gives him far too much power. I hope they take away some of it with the extension, assuming there is one.
They won't. If they extend him, it will be purely to push money down the road, which gives him 100% of the leverage.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well, he can say whatever he wants (Probably one of Todd France's sold-out reporters) just can't see this guy getting a massive new deal cap or no cap.
If it does occur not planning on sticking around to debate as the Death of the Star will be confirmed!
R.I.P.
Guess I'll be drinking less of my Pappy Bourbon............... :muttley:

1942willys

Reaction score
They won't. If they extend him, it will be purely to push money down the road, which gives him 100% of the leverage.
If I remember right, an extension changes none of those kinds of agreements. Just money and cap hit changes.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next years schedule is tough.

I'd offer Dak a much lower cap friendly deal. If he doesn't take it, and performs poorly next year, he's toast..

His best move is to sit out a while and "seek" a trade. Hoping someone will offer him better long deal.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Regardless of whether Dak is great or terrible or somewhere in between, the current contract gives him far too much power. I hope they take away some of it with the extension, assuming there is one.
Here's what we don't know.........the extension could very well be short-term, like 2 years ( maybe $50M per). This would give us cap relief w/o locking in another 3-5 years. In other words, we end this after the 2025 season if are still not where we wanna be.

Status
Not open for further replies.