Cowboys & Dak Prescott are expected to have deal done before free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havic

Reaction score
Bo Nix might be someone to keep an eye on. If he falls into the 20's I wouldnt mind taking a chance.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rage?
Man that went out the window a long time ago with goofball Jerry at the helm.
Disappointment would be a better word to describe the final nail in the coffin for the Star.
Then leave and spare us your misery. It’ll be good for us.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Bo Nix might be someone to keep an eye on. If he falls into the 20's I wouldnt mind taking a chance.
I don’t see them going after a guy like Nix right now. If they’re extending Dak, and with Lance on the roster likely to take over the number 2 role on a team that is likely to have quite a few holes they’re gonna need that pick for that. But who knows anything can happen with this club.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
IMG-20240210-035734.gif

visionary

Reaction score
Regardless of whether Dak is great or terrible or somewhere in between, the current contract gives him far too much power. I hope they take away some of it with the extension, assuming there is one.
The Jones dont know how to bluff

Dak is a company man through and through who is here for the money, will always say the right things and keep Cowboys “relevant”

Im betting 50-55 million/y with no trade clause and maybe no franchise tag

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then leave and spare us your misery. It’ll be good for us.
I'll just visit when your boy lays those EGGS as I know how much you like me doing so. :muttley:
I fear my visits will be plenty................:facepalm::facepalm::muttley:
Here's some advice Rocky if you own any Dallas Stock sell it all once that new contract is announced if ever that is.

Jipper

Reaction score
Oh, they've already done more than enough to prove they're already the biggest morons on the planet. It's honestly insane how bad this team is run.
What's insane is to see that they actually are smart enough to field a team that does well in the regular season....you would think they would look like the Browns constantly but somehow every other year they manage to get our hopes up

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Meh. They’re claiming “insider” info (with the headline in the TV banner) but the reporter is just stating what is expected to be done due to his cap hit. In other words, if you listen carefully, he’s just reiterating what is already known, but there is no real insider knowledge with the organization that asserts it’s actually going to happen.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
As a Dak fan I don’t see how a deal can get done that benefits the Cowboys and Dak. There is so much negativity around Dak and the Cowboys it would not go over well making Dak the highest paid player in football. France is not gonna let Dak sign for less then market value.

I guess if the cap charge allows us to address defensive line and linebacker, then maybe fans will get behind it.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Sharing this:

Basically the truth.

“The cowboys can save 34m in cap if they cut Dak before mid March.

No one will trade for a guy who wants 60m a year and can't win a playoff game.

Trey Lance has one year (2024) left on his contract with no 5th year option

Dallas best course is to

1. ⁠Cut Dak, draft OL in the first, RB/WR in 2nd, and other skill positions.
2. ⁠Start trey for the last year of his contract. After the year you either have a serviceable 24 year old rookie with potential trade value or a high draft pick.
3. ⁠In the scenario trey is unsericeable, expend first round capital in the 2025 draft for a QB. The cowboys haven't spent a first on a QB since Aikman

This is the way forward”
Makes sense to a long time Cowboys fan like most of us but it doesn’t make sense to MM and the Joneses. In reality the Cowboys were the number 2 seed and tied for the second best record in the league. The Cowboys are clearly the best team in the NFC East now. The Joneses need to be all in. If the Broncos can cut Russ before his extension can kick in and Packers can have a huge cap hit because they traded Rodgers, the Cowboys will be ok with Dak’s extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.