News: Cowboys DC Mike Nolan Fired

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This was definitely the right move, I'm just really curious why Mike wasn't on board with it?

because MM and Nolan are big buddies.

would you help fire your best friend from a multi-million $$$$ job if you were his boss?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Man you are freaking genius NOBODY but you could know the things you just said. Get over yourself, you dont know if I wanted JG gone or Nolan or what. So stop assuming. What's this fan site for to politically correct or say how I feel. I said I would like it. Just like most of you complain about players. There is no gripefest as you say if they do good. If they dont then yes MOVE ON

nope a ton of liking to hear yourself ***** and complain.. the Joness and MM dont need your help or your blessings..if you arent happy 31 teams fans would luv to have you..turn in your DC Fan card and move ON!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think my first sentence shows that I agree it's going to happen. I just don't see the point in getting all riled up about it, especially when you don't even know if they'll be justified in hating the decision.
My point is that no matter whom they hire, good or bad, the usual haters will be a hating.

Brax

Reaction score
My guess is McCarthy did not 'bang the drum' for him to return either
"MM tried to *save* him, but JJ is done". This is the disturbing part and disgusting part. Also shows who has the final say. Jerry said if he doesn't go then you both go, Mike said yes Mr. Jones he's gone. Remember the defense you saw is what MM wanted run in Dallas and now the scape goat is fired.

Majic

Reaction score
"MM tried to *save* him, but JJ is done". This is the disturbing part and disgusting part. Also shows who has the final say. Jerry said if he doesn't go then you both go, Mike said yes Mr. Jones he's gone. Remember the defense you saw is what MM wanted run in Dallas and now the scape goat is fired.

If that is correct then what authority does MM now have? Any?

Loso86

Reaction score
nope a ton of liking to hear yourself ***** and complain.. the Joness and MM dont need your help or your blessings..if you arent happy 31 teams fans would luv to have you..turn in your DC Fan card and move ON!
What the hell are you talking about, I'm giving MY feelings on the matter which is what ALL fans do. Even YOURSELF. Whos complaining?. I would expect tonsee you agree with EVERYTHING the Cowboys do and you not speak your mind in anything you dont like or would like to see OH PERFECT COWBOYS FAN!. If you dont like what I post keep scrolling to the next &@#$ message. It's pretty simple

CoachD

Reaction score
Like I didn't see this coming, the only problem with this is it came 3 months too late!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why is anything that isnt glowing and totally supportive categorized as "hate"?
Theres enough real hate around, people should find a different word

Because the person who uses it in every post is the actual source of it. A sad, miserable person who brings it wherever he goes. A completely negative influence on this board who should have been banned years ago.

kevm3

Reaction score
Nolan has had some of the worst defenses in the league at other stops, so how can you just simply blame the players when our defense last year, although not great, was nowhere near this bad with a lot of the same players?

blueblood70

Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about, I'm giving MY feelings on the matter which is what ALL fans do. Even YOURSELF. Whos complaining?. I would expect tonsee you agree with EVERYTHING the Cowboys do and you not speak your mind in anything you dont like or would like to see OH PERFECT COWBOYS FAN!. If you dont like what I post keep scrolling to the next &@#$ message. It's pretty simple
"if I hear hes hired someone hes familiar with I'm nervous and pissed"

that sounds like a ridiculous threat about your fandom..MM is not allowed to hire someone hes familiar with? 80% of the hires are just that all around the league..

being pissed for what, not getting your way LMAO? before you know the name before you see the results? that just an ignorant attitude and well ill call you on it if i so choose.

CoachD

Reaction score
The only hate here is YOU!
You down-grade these forums daily.......
The DC forum was a lot of fun but the moderators were a bunch of jagaloons but we still had a great time because there were so many different opinions and characters.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You're annoying with that hater bs. Just because people criticize the team doesn't make them a hater. Just a difference of opinion. Honestly, this team has deserved every ounce of criticism it has gotten over the years
I criticize the team too. The difference is I don’t do it every thread, every post, every day and all day.

Loso86

Reaction score
"if I hear hes hired someone hes familiar with I'm nervous and pissed"

that sounds like a ridiculous threat about your fandom..MM is not allowed to hire someone hes familiar with? 80% of the hires are just that all around the league..

being pissed for what, not getting your way LMAO? before you know the name before you see the results? that just an ignorant attitude and well ill call you on it if i so choose.
Well seeing how it didnt work the first time I have MY doubts if itll work the second time. Has nothing to do with my Fandom. I'm DC4L. Do I agree with everything they do NO, have I over the years...NO.. have i seen the same song played year after year YES am I still a FAN YES. I dont need you or anybody else's approval. I'm sorry I have no worries complaints or feelings about the stuff they do players they sign and coaches they bring in. I wish I was like you and NEver complained on this site.... you never complained Right .? Its nothing you called me in as I said keep Fn scro5

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Only when a player or coach isn't a "good ole boy" does Jerry enforce the correct amount of accountability in an optimum amount of time. Of course, Garrett was here for far too long and Jerry has been here forever (and he'll never fire himself), but you take the scraps from the table you can get now due to Jerry's old age.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well seeing how it didnt work the first time I have MY doubts if itll work the second time. Has nothing to do with my Fandom. I'm DC4L. Do I agree with everything they do NO, have I over the years...NO.. have i seen the same song played year after year YES am I still a FAN YES. I dont need you or anybody else's approval. I'm sorry I have no worries complaints or feelings about the stuff they do players they sign and coaches they bring in. I wish I was like you and NEver complained on this site.... you never complained Right .? Its nothing you called me in as I said keep Fn scro5
sounds like they live in your head if they can piss you off so easy..i guess im renting space there now:muttley::laugh:

Brax

Reaction score
If that is correct then what authority does MM now have? Any?
Not sure he ever had much of a say, Jerry decides and the rest grab their checks and live with it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The depressing part of all this is it likely removes the faint chance of Jaylon getting the boot because he’s been gifted an alibi by Jerry that the DC’s scheme was the issue.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been hoping for this since week 3.