RELEASED Cowboys decline Cam Fleming's team option

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Mo money mo money. They are about to make a few deals me thinks. Nothing too major but they are way over their limit of 4 comp picks so they can afford to make some mid level deals with possibly one significant one of a player that was cut.

This is exactly what is happening. The dumb money happens first. Over the next few days, we are going to sign a couple of veteran DL and a CB and a S. We will go into the draft not having glaring needs, but definitely having spots that we can upgrade.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Mo money mo money. They are about to make a few deals me thinks. Nothing too major but they are way over their limit of 4 comp picks so they can afford to make some mid level deals with possibly one significant one of a player that was cut.

I'm sure several players most of us have never heard of will be signed to compete for starting spots or be backups.

If the Joneses follow the pattern they established, they are not going to spend much on outside FAs, settling for the bargain bin options. Would love for them to surprise me, but so far they are holding form.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I like that idea, but maybe they think Brandon Knight can be a cheaper swing tackle. He played pretty well last year in limited opportunities.

He showed some promise, plus with McGovern healthy to compete for starting guard, it's possible Connor Williams could end up swinging.