RELEASED Cowboys decline Cam Fleming's team option

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude was a massive disappointment. Was a speed bump when filling in as a starter.
He was not good at LT.

He should look for a job to compete at RT. He might be a better starting RT than backup LT.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I mean when are they bringing in help to fill these needs

The first few days of free agency are the big contracts and those are almost always overpayments. Dallas doesn't play like Daniel Snyder, they wait for the second wave that starts a few days later.

That's what they did last year with Cobb and then later on with Quinn. Both were good moves.

Creeper

Reaction score
I heard somewhere that the Cowboys wanted Flemming to come back for less money and he refused.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Now I hope they slide Connor Williams over for reps at tackle and open LG up to McGovern and a vet candidate.

Larry Allen Jr is looking for a job. We could have 2 Harvard boy backups. You know how Jerrah luvs him sum Ivy League.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
sounds like McCarthy knows what he likes and what he doesn't.

I don't see it as a purge as much as we don't like to compete in the free agent market. Bad value.

Jarwin - Contract not as bad as I thought, but it's still worse than it looks because he was RFA this year anyway.
Cooper - The only surprise was Cooper not holding out for free agency to squeeze even more money out of Jerry.
Redmond - peanuts
Thompson - I can't imagine why. Total warm body signing. Hope it isn't much money.

Byron - 16.5? no
Quinn - 14? no
Cobb - 9? no
Heath - 4? no
Witten - 4.75? no Everyone here wanted Jarwin to start. Witten probably starts elsewhere, so he was gone.
Fleming - 4.5? no We were never going to pick up the year 2 option
Maliek - bet when we see that number, we're all happy we didn't outbid

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don't see it as a purge as much as we don't like to compete in the free agent market. Bad value.

Jarwin - Contract not as bad as I thought, but it's still worse than it looks because he was RFA this year anyway.
Cooper - The only surprise was Cooper not holding out for free agency to squeeze even more money out of Jerry.
Redmond - peanuts
Thompson - I can't imagine why. Total warm body signing. Hope it isn't much money.

Byron - 16.5? no
Quinn - 14? no
Cobb - 9? no
Heath - 4? no
Witten - 4.75? no Everyone here wanted Jarwin to start. Witten probably starts elsewhere, so he was gone.
Fleming - 4.5? no We were never going to pick up the year 2 option
Maliek - bet when we see that number, we're all happy we didn't outbid
didnt say it was a purge.
but if McCarthy wanted some of these guys...they'd be here.