RELEASED Cowboys decline Cam Fleming's team option

Kaiser

Reaction score
No surprise at all, its a deep draft for OTs so you could get his replacement in the 4th or later. McCarthy no doubt has other older players who could fill the role cheaper and depending on the market, Fleming could return on a cheaper contract.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Those expecting connor William's to do anything at tackle, dont hold out hope

dwreck27

Reaction score
So we lose our swing tackle to stack more money???

We seriously have a ton of holes on this team and we seem to be stuck in cement to start making some moves

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Mo money mo money. They are about to make a few deals me thinks. Nothing too major but they are way over their limit of 4 comp picks so they can afford to make some mid level deals with possibly one significant one of a player that was cut.

I'd imagine that's the case. And I'd imagine it will involve our defence. Me thinks Snacks for one. Maybe Chris Harris. Any safeties out there?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not sure its a rebuild as much as its just replacing starters that weren't any good.
Yeah I mean I think this is what happens. It usually happens after a successful season lol.....but when you have a team full of good players they will eventually walk.

What makes me nervous is that some of these guys should've had replacements already in place. Quinn should've had a young player ready to take his spot and contribute this year. Jeff Heath definitely should've. Cobb definitely should've.

They should've known this day would come and should've been far more prepared. But in regards to the players? I have no problem with who they let go. Those guys don't deserve those deals. Sorry.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Now this doesn't disappoint this fan...hope we get a consolation pick from it, maybe.

Kaiser

Reaction score
So we lose our swing tackle to stack more money???

He had a cap hit of 5 Million, there was no way he was coming back at that number either way. Thats starter level salary, we can get a better player (or a draft pick) for less money.