Cowboys discuss bringing in Scott Linehan for playcalling

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
He is a favorite of jimmy Johnson.

You can make the case he runs this offense better than Garrett.

He supposedly gets under people's skin and grinds on them though.

Fredd

Reaction score
I dunno, you guys are not thinking the right way IMO....that they are even considering making a move like this is LIGHT YEARS ahead of where I thought they were...how many people have the expectation that the coaching staff, other than the TE coach would be identical? (is your hand in the air or are you nodding your head?)

At least they are considering someone....

...now, if you are considering someone, then make a move that makes sense!

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I think I can make it with one more year of Garrett's system. But please, no mas.

Aven8

Reaction score
And how many people need to be brought in to 'help' Jason Garrett?

Apparently as many as it takes. I said this the other day, but you take JG off this staff and it looks like one the best staffs in football. Monte, Kiff, Cally, Bisachia, etc. unfortunately we have this red head we still don't know what to do with.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
In linehans offense Reggie Bush had 1006 yrds rushing and 506 yrds receiving.

This is a prime example of this forum not knowing what theyre talking about. Linehan was coaching the same offense that was 6th in the nfl. But i guess anything to say Jerry is ruining the Cowboys.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
In linehans offense Reggie Bush had 1006 yrds rushing and 506 yrds receiving.

This is a prime example of this forum not knowing what theyre talking about. Linehan was coaching the same offense that was 6th in the nfl. But i guess anything to say Jerry is ruining the Cowboys.

Thank uou

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently as many as it takes. I said this the other day, but you take JG off this staff and it looks like one the best staffs in football. Monte, Kiff, Cally, Bisachia, etc. unfortunately we have this red head we still don't know what to do with.

Seriously.

At this point, what does he contribute other than press conferences?

Just slide him into Rich Dalrymple's spot and be done with it.

NJ22

Reaction score
Unreal...absotutely STUNNING. I live in Michigan and this guy was drummed out of Detroit. He couldn't make it work with a very talented offense in Motown led by Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford. What a colossal CLOWN move by JJ.

Funny how one mans trash is another mans treasure. My memory of him is doing a good job in minny.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think I understand now. Another former head coach to surround him with to continue the final phase of the How To Be A Head Coach 101 curriculum.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
your going to love this:
The season was also marked by disputes with star players such as Steven Jackson , Torry Holt , and, most notoriously, quarterback Marc Bulger . Holt and Jackson openly feuded with Linehan on the sidelines during games. The easygoing Linehan didn't discipline them, leading to criticism that he wasn't willing to assert his authority.
The bottom fell out in 2008 . After an 0–3 start in which the Rams were outscored 116–29, a significant departure from the days of "The Greatest Show on Turf , "Linehan benched Bulger in favor of Trent Green for their game against the Buffalo Bills . It did not work; the Rams lost 35–14 after allowing 25 unanswered points in the second half. Linehan was fired hours later, tallying an 11–25 record in his 36 games as head coach.

On January 9, 2009, Linehan interviewed with the San Francisco 49ers as a candidate for the open offensive coordinator position.

Linehan was announced as the offensive coordinator of the Detroit Lions on January 23, 2009 , by new head coach Jim Schwartz .[1] On December 30, 2013, Linehan was relieved of his duties as the Detroit Lions offensive coordinator following the firing of Lions head coach Jim Schwartz .

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
your going to love this:
The season was also marked by disputes with star players such as Steven Jackson , Torry Holt , and, most notoriously, quarterback Marc Bulger . Holt and Jackson openly feuded with Linehan on the sidelines during games. The easygoing Linehan didn't discipline them, leading to criticism that he wasn't willing to assert his authority.
The bottom fell out in 2008 . After an 0–3 start in which the Rams were outscored 116–29, a significant departure from the days of "The Greatest Show on Turf , "Linehan benched Bulger in favor of Trent Green for their game against the Buffalo Bills . It did not work; the Rams lost 35–14 after allowing 25 unanswered points in the second half. Linehan was fired hours later, tallying an 11–25 record in his 36 games as head coach.

On January 9, 2009, Linehan interviewed with the San Francisco 49ers as a candidate for the open offensive coordinator position.

Linehan was announced as the offensive coordinator of the Detroit Lions on January 23, 2009 , by new head coach Jim Schwartz .[1] On December 30, 2013, Linehan was relieved of his duties as the Detroit Lions offensive coordinator following the firing of Lions head coach Jim Schwartz .

link?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Linehan was the OC when Reddie was with the Dolphins, so there you go.

Gawd I would love for Callahan to write a tell-all book when he leaves here. All he did was call plays at the direction of the owner -- when he wasn't allowed to implement his offense -- and get the OL playing better, along with being maybe the main impetus behind drafting Frederick... And he still has his HC basically throw him under the bus by letting all his media pals know how unhappy he is with him.

JBS

Reaction score
Who cares? What difference does it make?

Nobody thinks this team has a shot w things staying the way they are...might as well try somebody new. Can't be any worse.

Going to clean house anyways if it fails.

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
Unreal...absotutely STUNNING. I live in Michigan and this guy was drummed out of Detroit. He couldn't make it work with a very talented offense in Motown led by Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford. What a colossal CLOWN move by JJ.

Really?

And the complete collapse of the Lions defense from mid-season on had nothing to do with their losing?

It was not the OC for Detroit.

They clearly had the offense and they clearly had the marquis players in Megatron and Stafford.

Like Romo..

Stafford was constantly called upon to win games singlehandedly after the defense collapsed.

Hardly the play caller or OC.

BTW..

Detroit and their OC DESTROYED us this season.

I'm sure that picked up Dallas' interested when he became available.

Ya think?