Cowboys discuss bringing in Scott Linehan for playcalling

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
seriously? He ran the LIONS into an ice berg and was a big part in the whole staff being fired. That offense was notorious for costly turnovers and penalties...LOTS of procedure penalties mainly. Clearly they were poorly coached and he was the man responsible for it.

Yeah..

so he's only being considered to call the plays..

..not do all the pre-game planning, scouting and butt wiping.

Lighten up.

The Lions have constantly had a very good offense without a roster of All Pros.

I'd definitely look deeply into bringing him in to see if hes a fit.

And I don't think this demotes Callahan.

It should help him if he could concentrate on developing the OL.

Something that has 2 #1 draft picks in it and still needs LOTS of attention.

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
Balty interviewed him as well three days ago I saw. Linehan said he credits Dennis Ericson for his offensive attacking style on Wikipedia.

Do we run the same offense? Don't even know. I'm for anybody outside of JG calling plays.

Detroit was a much more vertical passing game than ours. Has been for several years.

I like their offense against us.

I don't think we've beaten Detroit any year we played them since he was there.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
@AdamSchefter: Cowboys are discussing hiring former Lions OC Scott Linehan as their play caller, per @Edwerderespn and @mortreport.

Like this idea.
We might throw every down now. That sounds so nice.

That's funny because I was sitting here thinking the same thing. Good coach and all these guys will work together to come up with a game plan. Linehan has the rep of having a great grasp of the offense.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
That whopping average of two extra rushing attempts should really help.

The difference is linehan is really aggressive.

The passing game will look different if he really does call plays. With Bryant, Williams, Escobar, witten and Harris that would be a good thing.

I think we should have been in a vertically aggressive passing scheme all along.

links18

Reaction score
There getting people to believe again.......rearranging some chairs and stuff....

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
That whopping average of two extra rushing attempts should really help.

they had 119 more rushing attempts then Dallas in 2013 thats 7.5 more carries a game.thats middle of the pack in the nfl as opposed to be 2nd to last in the nfl in rushing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. This thread is amazing.

ly bad. Like the Linehan idea, though, if they can fit all the cooks in the kitchen. He's an experienced guy who's worked with Jason previously. Not sure what there is to complain about, other than, you know, the team making any move at all.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
A guy who likes the vertical passing game, and likes then screens to his RBs. Like using TE's down the field instead of strictly keeping them in the flats. How dare this team look at trying to get back to a vertical game.

Deep_South

Reaction score
What I'm hearing - according to Jerry - is we have both a head coach and an offensive coordinator who are incapable of calling the plays to his satisfaction, yet we are keeping both of them and will bring in another person to do it. It sounds like nonsense to me. :(

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
What I'm hearing - according to Jerry - is we have both a head coach and an offensive coordinator who are incapable of calling the plays to his satisfaction, yet we are keeping both of them and will bring in another person to do it. It sounds like nonsense to me. :(

They are saying this is a JG move not a Jerry move