Cowboys discussed trade with Browns (Unnamed Player) No deal

Staubacher

Reaction score
Crowell would cost more.

It's funny how we want to trade for a RB now... A week away from the start of the season and Chris Johnson was out there for free.

He's out with a pulled hammy.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We are getting desperate now. Could
have just drafted a RB in the deep RB draft this year. They KNOW DMC will get injured and relying on Randle will kill us.

I want to laugh but at the same time I want to cry. We had every freaking opportunity to address this in the draft but noooooo.. We got too cute for our own good. I know there's a huge contingent here that will continue to snub their noses at any hint of need at rb.. To all of you I just say, it is about to begin in one week.

Good luck Romo. You're always in my prayers bro....

Jenky

Reaction score
He's out with a pulled hammy.

Chris Johnson rushed 11 times for 45 yards and caught one pass for 10 yards in the Cardinals' fourth preseason game.
He ripped off several chain-moving runs against the Broncos' second- and third-team defenses, showing nice cutback vision and acceleration. Johnson put a move on a defender and gained 10 yards on a swing pass early in the game, and busted through the line on a draw play to pick up 16 yards on a 3rd-and-11. Johnson should be expected to look good against second-team talent, but his acceleration appeared to be intact after an offseason away from football. Johnson should put pressure on Andre Ellington and David Johnson for snaps. Sep 3 - 10:22 PM

Staubacher

Reaction score
Chris Johnson rushed 11 times for 45 yards and caught one pass for 10 yards in the Cardinals' fourth preseason game.
He ripped off several chain-moving runs against the Broncos' second- and third-team defenses, showing nice cutback vision and acceleration. Johnson put a move on a defender and gained 10 yards on a swing pass early in the game, and busted through the line on a draw play to pick up 16 yards on a 3rd-and-11. Johnson should be expected to look good against second-team talent, but his acceleration appeared to be intact after an offseason away from football. Johnson should put pressure on Andre Ellington and David Johnson for snaps. Sep 3 - 10:22 PM
Sounds like the numbers McFadden put up against first and second teamers

ufcrules1

Reaction score

We could have had him for water boy pay and we passed. He would have been fine behind our line. Perfect backup player... never misses games.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
&..... This screams desperation to shore up a "need". If they weren't desperate they would just be trolling cuts not discussing trades....

:facepalm:

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Forget trades, go grab Jonas Gray who was cut by the Pats.

I agree with this. He averaged 4.6 yards per carry last year and would be a great backup here.. until DMC gets injured.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Dallas pulled back their offer when Joseph Randle told Jerry and Stephen that he could get them a ham sandwich, at no charge.

I believe it was therapeutic underwear.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Fisher is saying Gibsons cut

Ahh may miss on a 7th rounder. And one of my personal favorites.

But the point is everyone saying we should have drafted one of these mid round rbs isn't factoring in that we added a solid piece to our defense.

Knotamus

Reaction score
&..... This screams desperation to shore up a "need". If they weren't desperate they would just be trolling cuts not discussing trades....

:facepalm:

Stephen Jones and the FO has said all along that if a better player comes available.. They would entertain the idea.. It's not a big surprise or desperation. Desperation would have been trading a mid round pick for Terrance West. They didn't.. And reports are saying they won't. So tap the brakes because it sounds more like your desperate for a RB. It's highly unlikely a team will trade a decent RB at this juncture..waiver wire or late round pick trade for a 3rd RB is all that's happening here. But if you or Mr. ufc think there about to trade for our starter.. Feel free. The bottom line is, SJ & the FO also said they are fine with the RBs we have... So there's nothing wrong with putting out feelers. Which they are doing for EVERY position on this team mind you. #relax

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ahh may miss on a 7th rounder. And one of my personal favorites.

But the point is everyone saying we should have drafted one of these mid round rbs isn't factoring in that we added a solid piece to our defense.

Actually I was mislead. That was Fish's guess. Nothing is official

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And per Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Cowboys aren't willing to give up a draft pick to acquire a running back, "unless it's a good player."

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys were never in a position to draft a RB without reaching. Unfortunately all the RBs the Cowboys were interested in got selected right before our pick came up. The best opportunity to address the RB position was in round two but I am perfectly happy with the Gregory selection.