Twitter: Cowboys Discussing Trading L Collins

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LOL. The guy always preaching context unless it destroys an argument of his.

The offense struggled mainly because of self inflicted wounds every single drive. The offense was at 1st and 20 multiple times. Big plays were nullified by stupid block in the back penalties or holds.

You want context when it suits you. Be objective. Dak had a horrible game. I can say it. But to say penalties weren't a HUGE problem in that game is pointing to an agenda.
Context does matter.

That's why I posted what I posted. To provided context showing that the Cowboys offense had their chances but failed.

Ken

Reaction score
The Cowboys and 49ers both had 11 drives.

The Cowboys held the 49ers to under their season average in points per game.

You can twist it anyway you want, but we had just as many chances as the 49ers had, but our offense failed just as the ones that knew what they were watching said they would do.

You are still in shock, surprised, and clearly in denial at that game because you thought we were better than we really were. You are not one of those that knew what they were watching leading up to the game.
I didn't say anything about our offense. My response was in regards to Bobby Wagner and his ability to help our defense.

SF averaged 4.4 ypc on 34 carries in that game. If you don't think Bobby Wagner could have helped get them off the field, I don't know what to tell you.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about our offense. My response was in regards to Bobby Wagner and his ability to help our defense.

SF averaged 4.4 ypc on 34 carries in that game. If you don't think Bobby Wagner could have helped get them off the field, I don't know what to tell you.
The defense was not the problem. Maybe Bobby Wagner helps, maybe he don't, but getting off the field doesn't mean squat when your offense can't do anything.

Literally everybody from fans to the media was talking about how the Cowboys offense had regressed over the last couple months of the season leading into that game. The writing was all over the wall.

The 49ers were winning that game with or without Bobby Wagner on our team. The same way they won it without Nick Bosa and towards the end Fred Warner. They were a better team.

Ken

Reaction score
The defense was not the problem. Maybe Bobby Wagner helps, maybe he don't, but getting off the field doesn't mean squat when your offense can't do anything.

Literally everybody from fans to the media was talking about how the Cowboys offense had regressed over the last couple months of the season leading into that game. The writing was all over the wall.

The 49ers were winning that game with or without Bobby Wagner on our team. The same way they won it without Nick Bosa and towards the end Fred Warner. They were a better team.
Maybe you didn't watch the rest of the playoff games for the 49ers?

GB lost after scoring 10 points, and LA won with 20 pts. LA was able to hold them to 50 yards rushing on 2.5 ypc.

This is not a debatable topic, Bobby Wagner is needed on this defense.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

GB lost after scoring 10 points, and LA won with 20 pts. LA was able to hold them to 50 yards rushing on 2.5 ypc.

Do you think we make a Super Bowl run if we have Bobby Wagner last year? lol

Ken

Reaction score
Do you think we make a Super Bowl run if we have Bobby Wagner last year? lol
I think we could have, yes. I think the 49ers don't come close to 169 yards rushing and keeping the ball for 34 minutes...

But we will never know that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If we'd trade him and then turn around and use the savings to sign a top guard, I'd be all for this. As is, I think we just weaken the line overall.

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
Heck yeah they should.

I was waiting for this. Collins stepped in and the line immediately got worse. You can be a better player and still not a good fit for the team. Steele doesn't have his pedigree but played very well and so did the line and running game.

Throw in the inconsistent availability and it's an easy decision.

This is due to Collins being a LG and not a RT..... It is beyond me why the cowboys insist on making these guys play out of position. Collings could easily be the best LG in football.....

Further evidence see them converting Showers from QB to S, Stanback from QB to WR, etc

Reactions: CWR

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

for him its rather simple. its offense and only offense. even last year when it was one of the worst defenses ever, it was still all offenses fault and when that's established that nobody and nothing but the offense is responsible, then its all Dak and only Dak and nobody else has any responsibility on offense except for Dak.

its his round about way of blaming Dak for everything that ails the cowboys....simple minds.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They have to either trade him or move him to LG.

Steele is better at RT than McGovern is at LG.

Collins is likely about the same at either RT or LG.

Neither Collins or Steele are quality options at LT.

They could sign a decent LG for less than 10M per and get a draft pick for Collins.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I’m getting at least a 2nd for Collins. His contract is very reasonable for 3 more years. Move him to guard and draft Linderbaum. Smith, Collins, linderbaum, Martin, Steele is an above average offensive line. Hearing this crap about a day 3 pick in return, that would be terrible. I understand the front office is pissed but don’t give away talent.

I don’t agree with trading Cooper but can at least understand it. With the money you probably can sign Gallup, Gregory, and Kearse. There isn’t the upside with Getting rid of Collins for a mid round pick.