Cowboys DL vs 49ers DL

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Talent is there with the cowboys Dline......the will to win and play hard and sound football when it matters is what separates the two squads.

Sydla

Reaction score
Most teams don’t care to run the ball.

Dallas defensive line is built to pin their ears back and chase QBs.

They built it to compete against the Rodgers and Brady types.

They didn’t build it with the thought in mind that our offense wouldn’t put points on the board and a team could just run it while Dak does squat.

They were middle of the pack in sacks. And that's WITH moving Parsons to DE. They were 13th in the ESPN pass rush win rate stat.

So if you think this DL was built to rush the passer and think they are good at it, whew boy, you must have been watching a different team than me. Their pass rush was inconsistent.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Every defense playing this weekend was better than Dallas' defense

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I y
They were middle of the pack in sacks. And that's WITH moving Parsons to DE. They were 13th in the ESPN pass rush win rate stat.

So if you think this DL was built to rush the passer and think they are good at it, whew boy, you must have been watching a different team than me. Their pass rush was inconsistent.

Yeah.. I saw a huge improvement with Lawrence and Gallimore back.

9ers we’re just an awful matchup. Especially with a sputtering do nothing offense.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Most teams don’t care to run the ball.

Dallas defensive line is built to pin their ears back and chase QBs.

They built it to compete against the Rodgers and Brady types.

They didn’t build it with the thought in mind that our offense wouldn’t put points on the board and a team could just run it while Dak does squat.

Lol can you hear yourself they built it to not stop the run....thats not a recipe to lose in the playoffs at all...hmm didnt learn from the whole Rams playoff game i guess. again when you cant run the ball or stop the run tell me how the playoffs will go?

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Am I the only one that thinks Gallimore is a really good prospect?

You guys do know the Packers Offensive line has been decimated with injuries right?

Even with Bosa and Warner out of the lineup we couldn’t move the ball.

Dallas paid their QB, RB, and WR. We lost because our stars didn’t step up in a big game. Like Michael Irvin said this week.
Yeah and watching these games this weekend the RB could be the biggest mistake. The winning teams have a couple of Pollard type runners. You simply must have an explosive player at the RB position in the game at all times. Because the trend right now is to not allow big plays, and high means you have to run the ball and execute in the short passing game.

Fournette may be an exception in terms of explosiveness but he is still more explosive than zeke.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I y

9ers we’re just an awful matchup. Especially with a sputtering do nothing offense.
Pass rush was pretty good. Nothing more or less

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you believe this defensive line is good you don't have the slightest clue of what you're talking about.

You were just eliminated because of your defensive line.

The Cowboys need not one, not two, not three but four new starters.

Sydla

Reaction score
I y

Their pass rush win rate wasn't much better at the end of the year either.

25% of their sacks came in two games againt the WFT (10 against WFT, 41 total).

You typically look at this team skeptically so it's pretty stunning you are doing a deep dive into the homer pool on our DL.

quickccc

Reaction score
The 49ers didn't have any 'Fat Guys' vs the Packers.

Bosa (2 Pro Bowls) the only starter with a Pro Bowl selection.

None of the starters have made All Pro at any point in their career (per wiki).

The 49ers DL for the Packers game:
POS ….... %Snaps …...... HT …......... WT …............ Player
DE …......... 84% …......... 6'4 …......... 266 …......... Nick Bosa
DT …......... 75% …......... 6'7 …......... 290 …......... Arik Armstead
DT …......... 54% …......... 6'0 …......... 305 …......... D.J. Jones
DE …......... 52% …......... 6'3 …......... 245 …......... Samson Ebukam

DL …......... 32% …......... 6'4 …......... 270 …......... Jordan Willis
DL …......... 32% …......... 6'1 …......... 285 …......... Kevin Givens
DL …......... 30% …......... 6'5 …......... 240 …......... Arden Key
DL …......... 21% …......... 6'2 …......... 287 …......... Kentavius Street
DL …......... 20% …......... 6'5 …......... 280 …......... Charles Omenihu

Is either Armstead or Jones better than Gallimore?

Armstead looks like a sane version of David Irving.

Is their #2 DE (Samson Ebukam) better than Gregory?

Yes, Bosa > DLaw

i think Armstead is better at this moment now because Gallimore is still quite in an developmental stage.
He just missed so much of this season because of the elbow injury, that obviously stunt his growth.
and he's easily the best of our DTs . i didn't see much as i wanted to

Now how does Niners DL play as a Unit, as a whole overall ? .. as compared to one to one paper talent ?
they have more sacks than we do, ..they stop the run better than we do ?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

You typically look at this team skeptically so it's pretty stunning you are doing a deep dive into the homer pool on our DL.

He doesnt want to hear facts..he says this all the time.

Sydla

Reaction score
If you believe this defensive line is good you don't have the slightest clue of what you're talking about.

You were just eliminated because of your defensive line.

I am not stunned xwalker is bullish on the DL but some of the other posters, I am pretty stunned.

This is middling DL by just about every statistical measure you can look at. So staying they are really good is peculiar to me.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Gallimore is a really good prospect?

You guys do know the Packers Offensive line has been decimated with injuries right?

Even with Bosa and Warner out of the lineup we couldn’t move the ball.

Dallas paid their QB, RB, and WR. We lost because our stars didn’t step up in a big game. Like Michael Irvin said this week.
Yeah, we have far too much money invested in Dak, Zeke and Cooper.

Cooper’s contract is the first contract we should dump. Then Zeke, then Dak.

Once we’re free of Cooper/Zeke we should have more $$$ to throw around.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I’m fine with it.

Im of the belief whatever you get from your defense is a bonus. The league isn’t built for defense and the Dallas Cowboys didn’t spend money to have a great defense.

They held the 9ers to 16 points and Dak threw the puck deep in our own territory which sealed the game.

So I’m fine with our defense and very happy with how they performed on the year with all things considered.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We did not attack jimmy. I would have played them like the wft. Run blitz straight for the qb. Bring the house down on him..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not stunned xwalker is bullish on the DL but some of the other posters, I am pretty stunned.

This is middling DL by just about every statistical measure you can look at. So staying they are really good is peculiar to me.

They get bullied by any decent OL they face. They're weak. There isn't one good pass rusher. Lawrence did it twice years ago. Gregory's never done it. The DTs are backups to roster fillers. The backup ends are journeymen.

I'd describe the DL overall as garbage and the #1 reason why they lost the 49ers game. Like they were the #1 reason why they lost the playoff game before this against the Rams.

It's comical to read fans waxing poetic about the very reason why we aren't playing anymore. Let's bring that bad cover band back again. I love watching us get pushed around when it matters.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So far the KC/Buff game is actually living up to the QB clash ..both are playing outstanding...