Cowboys DL vs 49ers DL

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But this is par for the course in Cowboys Land. Our front office does it too. Everybody riots in the aftermath of another failed season and then by March they talk themselves into why all these bad players responsible for it are actually good and need to stay.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m fine with it.

Im of the belief whatever you get from your defense is a bonus. The league isn’t built for defense and the Dallas Cowboys didn’t spend money to have a great defense.

They held the 9ers to 16 points and Dak threw the puck deep in our own territory which sealed the game.

So I’m fine with our defense and very happy with how they performed on the year with all things considered.

You literally are watching teams with great DLs move through the playoffs.

We aren't close in talent to someone like the 49ers DL or the Rams DL, for example.

Sydla

Reaction score
But this is par for the course in Cowboys Land. Our front office does it too. Everybody riots in the aftermath of another failed season and then by March they talk themselves into why all these bad players responsible for it are actually good and need to stay.

It's just downright puzzling to me that people either A) don't think we need a really good DL or B) ours is good enough to contend.

It's bizarre.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

You cant fault fans for finding hope...the GM will get right move ended in early 2000's. cant fault any fan for finding hope including me...it is what it is.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You literally are watching teams with great DLs move through the playoffs.

We aren't close in talent to someone like the 49ers DL or the Rams DL, for example.

The Rams got up big and tee’d off on a banged up Bucs Oline against a immobile QB.

Dallas can do that and do it at a high level.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The 49ers didn't have any 'Fat Guys' vs the Packers.

Bosa (2 Pro Bowls) the only starter with a Pro Bowl selection.

None of the starters have made All Pro at any point in their career (per wiki).

The 49ers DL for the Packers game:
POS ….... %Snaps …...... HT …......... WT …............ Player
DE …......... 84% …......... 6'4 …......... 266 …......... Nick Bosa
DT …......... 75% …......... 6'7 …......... 290 …......... Arik Armstead
DT …......... 54% …......... 6'0 …......... 305 …......... D.J. Jones
DE …......... 52% …......... 6'3 …......... 245 …......... Samson Ebukam

DL …......... 32% …......... 6'4 …......... 270 …......... Jordan Willis
DL …......... 32% …......... 6'1 …......... 285 …......... Kevin Givens
DL …......... 30% …......... 6'5 …......... 240 …......... Arden Key
DL …......... 21% …......... 6'2 …......... 287 …......... Kentavius Street
DL …......... 20% …......... 6'5 …......... 280 …......... Charles Omenihu

Is either Armstead or Jones better than Gallimore?

Armstead looks like a sane version of David Irving.

Is their #2 DE (Samson Ebukam) better than Gregory?

Yes, Bosa > DLaw

We're not good we just have names

HungryLion

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Gallimore is a really good prospect?

You guys do know the Packers Offensive line has been decimated with injuries right?

Even with Bosa and Warner out of the lineup we couldn’t move the ball.

Dallas paid their QB, RB, and WR. We lost because our stars didn’t step up in a big game. Like Michael Irvin said this week.

All these things mean the DL is good and a strength of the team.

HungryLion

Reaction score
They get bullied by any decent OL they face. They're weak. There isn't one good pass rusher. Lawrence did it twice years ago. Gregory's never done it. The DTs are backups to roster fillers. The backup ends are journeymen.

I'd describe the DL overall as garbage and the #1 reason why they lost the 49ers game. Like they were the #1 reason why they lost the playoff game before this against the Rams.

It's comical to read fans waxing poetic about the very reason why we aren't playing anymore. Let's bring that bad cover band back again. I love watching us get pushed around when it matters.

Our best defensive lineman is also our best linebacker.

People should think on that for a while.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Our best defensive lineman is also our best linebacker.

People should think on that for a while.

To be fair we accidentally drafted the best pass rusher in the NFL.

He needs to do a lot less line backing and do what makes him special.

JustChip

Reaction score
The 49ers didn't have any 'Fat Guys' vs the Packers.

Bosa (2 Pro Bowls) the only starter with a Pro Bowl selection.

None of the starters have made All Pro at any point in their career (per wiki).

The 49ers DL for the Packers game:
POS ….... %Snaps …...... HT …......... WT …............ Player
DE …......... 84% …......... 6'4 …......... 266 …......... Nick Bosa
DT …......... 75% …......... 6'7 …......... 290 …......... Arik Armstead
DT …......... 54% …......... 6'0 …......... 305 …......... D.J. Jones
DE …......... 52% …......... 6'3 …......... 245 …......... Samson Ebukam

DL …......... 32% …......... 6'4 …......... 270 …......... Jordan Willis
DL …......... 32% …......... 6'1 …......... 285 …......... Kevin Givens
DL …......... 30% …......... 6'5 …......... 240 …......... Arden Key
DL …......... 21% …......... 6'2 …......... 287 …......... Kentavius Street
DL …......... 20% …......... 6'5 …......... 280 …......... Charles Omenihu

Is either Armstead or Jones better than Gallimore?

Armstead looks like a sane version of David Irving.

Is their #2 DE (Samson Ebukam) better than Gregory?

Yes, Bosa > DLaw
Hmmm. Maybe they are better coached and mesh better together.

Carson

Reaction score
We need guys like D.J. Reader who shut down Henry. 5tb round 1T guy
That’s what stinks about no cap.

Simply sign guys like DJ Reader / DJ Jones on defense and Ryan Jensen on offense and you’re solid

HungryLion

Reaction score
To be fair we accidentally drafted the best pass rusher in the NFL.

He needs to do a lot less line backing and do what makes him special.

Yes I agree. Parsons is just plain a special talent.

but it’s also an indictment of our other DL players. That a rookie parsons. As special as he is, is better than everyone else on the DL, day one in the league.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Gregory has been killing this team for 6 years. He has one good game against Washington and now we can't live without him. D Flaw gets paid twice what he should. It was all garbage until Parsons came along to make it reasonable.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I see better discipline from 49ers front, they are aggressive and yet manage not to help offense by doing stupid things. Pre snap penalties and holding by defensive linemen were uncalled for and only extend drives for the opposing team

Creeper

Reaction score
I think once DLaw returned from his injury the DL payed really well. However, there are some concerns I have. Gregory is one of the most undisciplined DEs in the league. In fact, the entire Cowboys DL struggles with discipline. They are talented and will get better when the young guys in the middle get some experience. But I see them out of position way too often. Gregory in particular takes himself out of a lot of plays by over-pursuing. Lawrence will do the same thing sometimes. Most of the time they can get away with it. But against mobile QBs it hurts the defense.

The difference between the Cowboys and 49ers defenses is the way the 49ers secondary tackles. Their DBs will come up and support the run defense and make tackles on the outside. The Cowboys secondary gets blocked out of the play or they just miss tackles. I think if you draft DBs who don't like to tackle eventually it costs the team.

Kalyan

Reaction score
once Gregaory and DLaw returned, Parsons was not playing DE where he is causing all those sacks, pressures and fumbles. he would drop back or trying to go between gaurds where the QB can see him

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hmmm. Maybe they are better coached and mesh better together.
our DL never got complete until late in the season missing most or all FOR BETER PART OF IL. Maybe an offseason and season start with our full starters they can gel more. injuries, and other factors created a lot of issues getting them together same with OL..

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Gallimore is a really good prospect?

You guys do know the Packers Offensive line has been decimated with injuries right?

Even with Bosa and Warner out of the lineup we couldn’t move the ball.

Dallas paid their QB, RB, and WR. We lost because our stars didn’t step up in a big game. Like Michael Irvin said this week.
Probably. He is a jag. They don't value the position and think that 7th rd jay Ratliff's grow on trees

HungryLion

Reaction score
our DL never got complete until late in the season missing most or all FOR BETER PART OF IL. Maybe an offseason and season start with our full starters they can gel more. injuries, and other factors created a lot of issues getting them together same with OL..

Every team has injuries. The cowboys were one of the least injured teams in the league come playoff time.

The injury crap is just one of the excuses an underachieving franchise has used during the past decades of futility.