Cowboys DL vs 49ers DL

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Every team has injuries. The cowboys were one of the least injured teams in the league come playoff time.

The injury crap is just one of the excuses an underachieving franchise has used during the past decades of futility.

Yep.. Dallas can’t blame injuries. That’s just silly. We were extremely healthy going into the playoffs. It doesn’t get much better.

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s what stinks about no cap.

Simply sign guys like DJ Reader / DJ Jones on defense and Ryan Jensen on offense and you’re solid
We had plenty of room in 2020 and instead signed McCoy, Poe, Canady, etc....

JustChip

Reaction score
our DL never got complete until late in the season missing most or all FOR BETER PART OF IL. Maybe an offseason and season start with our full starters they can gel more. injuries, and other factors created a lot of issues getting them together same with OL..
That’s true. Which is an impediment to meshing. I know we’re talking about the DL, but I felt like that was the biggest with the OL. They were playing well as a unit until Collins came back and the annual Smith injury happened. I’m not smart enough to know whether Collins at this point is truly better than Steele as a RT. But I learned long ago you don’t fix something that ain’t broke.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This fan would trade what it takes to get, not a fancy dan quarterback, needed to be a championship winner...but give up picks to get up to the very best defensive end in the draft. Pay for it and get some effect into the defensive line, here and now. Then get a pair of strong linebackers.

Let's see if that will be the band aide for a single year before moving on. Don't lose all three of our wide receivers in the process.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yep.. Dallas can’t blame injuries. That’s just silly. We were extremely healthy going into the playoffs. It doesn’t get much better.

Some teams do get severe injuries to key players that just derail their entire season.

But yep. The cowboys were a very healthy team this year (by nfl standards)

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Build a lead with the offense and the defense will do what it’s built to do.

The 9ers are the only team that care to run the ball. That’s why I discussed it being a bad matchup for us a week before we played them while a lot on here loved that we had the 3 seed and weren’t playing AZ.

If you build a defense to stop the run 90% of NFL teams willjust throw all over you.

Yeah I kind of agree with this.

Dallas got a bad matchup in the sense that there were only two teams in the NFC that posed tough matchups for the DL.

AZ because of Murray’s speed, and SF because they mostly run the ball and don’t exactly run a traditional drop back and pass offense. A lot is out of play action and it works because their run game is actual a threat.

Carson

Reaction score
He’s the reason they were okay trading with Deforest Buckner.

They knew they’d be alright.
People also don't realize dude is a defensive end. He didn't play inside until Week 7 when Kinlaw went down. That's like Gregory / Lawrence shifting inside full time (not just packages) and the defense is still dominant

Creeper

Reaction score
Here are some examples of Gregory's lack of discipline and stupid play:

I am shocked he did not get called for unnecessary roughness when he body slammed Kittle.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah I kind of agree with this.

Dallas got a bad matchup in the sense that there were only two teams in the NFC that posed tough matchups for the DL.

AZ because of Murray’s speed, and SF because they mostly run the ball and don’t exactly run a traditional drop back and pass offense. A lot is out of play action and it works because their run game is actual a threat.

A lot of my radical opinions age well and just become common sense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Every team has injuries. The cowboys were one of the least injured teams in the league come playoff time.

The injury crap is just one of the excuses an underachieving franchise has used during the past decades of futility.
not an excuse a fact an observation on how the year went and sorry you don't get what being together longer means for consistency, BTW the defense sis play well down the stretch and pretty much stonewalled the 9ers in then 2nd half and the OFFENSE never got scoring enough to win and the OL penalties were insane.

those are facts NOT excuses as some choose to view actual points.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Gallimore is a really good prospect?

You guys do know the Packers Offensive line has been decimated with injuries right?

Even with Bosa and Warner out of the lineup we couldn’t move the ball.

Dallas paid their QB, RB, and WR. We lost because our stars didn’t step up in a big game. Like Michael Irvin said this week.
I think Gallimore is a VERY good 3T prospect - but DJ Jones is one of the most underrated players on the 49ers DL. He’s a legit 4-3 1T (but wouldn’t fly as a 2-gapping 3-4 NT). He routinely engages the C/G combo blocks to a stalemate, leaving the other 3 talented players consistent 1-on-1 matchups