Cowboys doing nothing?

Chasing6

Reaction score
W
It's March 1994 in Orange, NJ...I'm sitting in a chair watching Jimmy and Jerry breakup on TV. on a 20" fuzzy screen with my roommate/football rival friend who is a die-hard Raider fan. I had been so smug during our SB years without even realizing it...but...for example, I wouldn't be worried AT ALL during any of our games (outside the 1st SF playoff game in 92). He hated watching the Cowboys come back to the top of the mountain while the Raiders couldn't get back to glory. When Jimmy said that they agreed to "part ways", he spun in his chair and said with nervous excitement: "Jerry Jones is turning into Al Davis and he's going to ruin your franchise."

What makes his prediction that much more startling is that he were both barely 20 at the time and he saw what I denied and thought impossible. Jerry is WORSE than Al Davis. Al Davis had coaching experience and at least knows some football.
I am just waiting for the sweat pants.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Really? Who is going to win the division? I don't see any of the other teams in the East winning the division.
Because in your eyes we are the same team of the 90s and the best team in the Nfl because of the glory days …. every other team in our division made moves today…. but yeah Americas team baby will get us to a title game.

stiletto

Reaction score
It's March 1994 in Orange, NJ...I'm sitting in a chair watching Jimmy and Jerry breakup on TV. on a 20" fuzzy screen with my roommate/football rival friend who is a die-hard Raider fan. I had been so smug during our SB years without even realizing it...but...for example, I wouldn't be worried AT ALL during any of our games (outside the 1st SF playoff game in 92). He hated watching the Cowboys come back to the top of the mountain while the Raiders couldn't get back to glory. When Jimmy said that they agreed to "part ways", he spun in his chair and said with nervous excitement: "Jerry Jones is turning into Al Davis and he's going to ruin your franchise."

What makes his prediction that much more startling is that he were both barely 20 at the time and he saw what I denied and thought impossible. Jerry is WORSE than Al Davis. Al Davis had coaching experience and at least knows some football.
It has been a long running nightmare for people who enjoyed that time and before even. I genuinely feel worse for a lot of these youngsters who never actually saw any real success. I don't know how/why some of them are sticking around. Parental influence probably.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Buzzbait said:
Must be! That's why Green Bay is still shaking in their cleats from the beat down we gave th.....oh wait.
Green Bay is disappointed that they blew it against the 49ers. Every team in the league gets beat from time to time. All of them.
Green Bay didn't just beat us, they stomped us. We didn't show up to play, we just showed up.

crazytown41

Reaction score
So looks like we'll have a lame duck head coach and quarterback heading into the season

:laugh: This franchise is a joke :facepalm:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Green Bay is disappointed that they blew it against the 49ers. Every team in the league gets beat from time to time. All of them.
That loss to the packers in January was THE WORST loss in Cowboys playoff history. We have played 67 playoff games over the last 58 years. That 48-32 loss was the worst of the worst. Maybe not in point spread but in total beat down embarrassment.

Im sorry man, IMO that packers beat down was not an “every team gets beat from time to time” kind of game. Put it this way - from our first playoff game in 1966 to our last SB win in the 1995 season - 30 seasons - the Cowboys won 32 playoff games. A whopping 32 playoff games in 30 years which included playing in 8 SBs winning 5, winning 8 NFC championship games. In the following 28 years, we’ve won 4 wild card games.

That’s not bad luck or “getting beat from time to time.” It’s terrible management by the man in charge of everything from jocks to socks.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
That loss to the packers in January was THE WORST loss in Cowboys playoff history. We have played 67 playoff games over the last 58 years. That 48-32 loss was the worst of the worst. Maybe not in point spread but in total beat down embarrassment.

Im sorry man, IMO that packers beat down was not an “every team gets beat from time to time” kind of game. Put it this way - from our first playoff game in 1966 to our last SB win in the 1995 season - 30 seasons - the Cowboys won 32 playoff games. A whopping 32 playoff games in 30 years which included playing in 8 SBs winning 5, winning 8 NFC championship games. In the following 28 years, we’ve won 4 wild card games.

That’s not bad luck or “getting beat from time to time.” It’s terrible management by the man in charge of everything from jocks to socks.
Great post. Especially given the maturity of the team, the "leadership", the 16-0 home record over 2 years, the 7th seed, etc....all of that made that loss UNIQUELY embarrassing.

stiletto

Reaction score

:hammer::hammer: