Cowboys don’t need to beat Saints

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To win the division.

The Egirls next week will go further in determining the division.

And if we sweep then we’ll only need a couple more wins regardless what they do.

Beat the Eagles and 9-7 will be enough.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To win the division.

The Egirls next week will go further in determining the division.

And if we sweep then we’ll only need a couple more wins regardless what they do.

That's honestly why I'm not getting too worked up about this game. I'm not expecting a win against the hottest team in football. Will I take one? Gladly. But my expectations of this current team aren't that high right now. I see the Cowboys slowly improving and building something, something that shouldn't be undone by a loss to the Saints.

We're getting better but I don't put us quite on their level yet.

Verdict

Reaction score
We either need to win either the Saints this week or the Eagles to get in the playoffs. If we lose both it's bad news folks.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hear what your saying but I think if this team wants to make some noise in the playoffs they need to be able to win a home game like this. It’s possible that if they lost Thursday and even won the remaining 4 games that they would end the season without one win over a team that ends the year with a winning record. Thats not a recipe for a playoff run IMO.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's honestly why I'm not getting too worked up about this game. I'm not expecting a win against the hottest team in football. Will I take one? Gladly. But my expectations of this current team aren't that high right now. I see the Cowboys slowly improving and building something, something that shouldn't be undone by a loss to the Saints.

We're getting better but I don't put us quite on their level yet.
I have zero expectations in winning this game.
We know we probably aren’t on that level yet.

But we shouldn’t let it deter us from our obtainable goal in winning the division making the playoffs.

I think at Indy is going to be a tough game too the way they’re playing.

And why it will come down to Philly game. Egirls have Rams and Texans after us. Assuming Commanders continue slide we might win division with 8 wins but I’d feel more comfortable with 9. Sweeping Egirls should be enough despite a couple other losses.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hear what your saying but I think if this team wants to make some noise in the playoffs they need to be able to win a home game like this. It’s possible that if they lost Thursday and even won the remaining 4 games that they would end the season without one win over a team that ends the year with a winning record. Thats not a recipe for a playoff run IMO.
Who thinks we’ll make much noise in playoffs?

I’m just trying to get in. And we don’t need this one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have zero expectations in winning this game.
We know we probably aren’t on that level yet.

But we shouldn’t let it deter us from our obtainable goal in winning the division making the playoffs.

I think at Indy is going to be a tough game too the way they’re playing.

And why it will come down to Philly game. Egirls have Rams and Texans after us. Assuming Commanders continue slide we might win division with 8 wins but I’d feel more comfortable with 9. Sweeping Egirls should be enough despite a couple other losses.

That's why I so wished that the Giants would have been able to close the deal on the Eagles yesterday. That would have been huge for the Cowboys winning the division. I think the Eagles will beat Washington twice now, and if the had lost yesterday, they might very well have been done. After that win, they're still a threat.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Realistically, we've got our backs to the wall, NO will be a test for sure ... but it would be a great win for the young players and a confidence booster heading into the playoffs.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's why I so wished that the Giants would have been able to close the deal on the Eagles yesterday. That would have been huge for the Cowboys winning the division. I think the Eagles will beat Washington twice now, and if the had lost yesterday, they might very well have been done. After that win, they're still a threat.
We kinda need them to sweep Wash to take them out. But yea I was going N.Y. could have finished them off.

My friends and I were even talking during game how NY could have made a run with our finale deciding division:) Obviously that was far fetched .

Assuming we are both 6-6 next week it will be the game we must win.