Cowboys don't expect to be financially competitive to retain Tyler Biadasz

Tussinman

Reaction score
I’d hope they go for more than serviceable. If tyler smith kicks out to T you have issues at both G and C. Two replacement level players won’t give me much hope in improving this run game.
Exactly. Everyone's cool with Tyron and Biadasz leaving until next year rolls around and you're equal if not slightly worst at all 3 positions (replacement level players at LG/C and then Tyler at LT whose good but not as good as Tyron).

Not saying he should have been resigned but hopefully the plan is more aggressive than "oh well maybe throw bass out there and a mid-round center".

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d hope they go for more than serviceable. If tyler smith kicks out to T you have issues at both G and C. Two replacement level players won’t give me much hope in improving this run game.
Biadez was serviceable . Nothing special. We address LT in round 1 and LB in round 2. Losing Tyron is a much bigger issue.

Big_D

Reaction score
So they don’t even have enough money to overpay their own guys? This is alarming.

LysleE

Reaction score
Multiple holes to be filled on the o-line with questionable depth; but don’t worry Jerry will extend Dak for $60MM a year, so all is good!

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

According to @GehlkenNFL, the #Cowboys could be losing two members of their 2023 offensive line to free agency:

“The Cowboys do not consider themselves positioned to be financially competitive for Biadasz’s services on the open market, a person close to the situation told The News.”

The Cowboys reportedly met with the agents of Smith and Biadasz at the Combine. It looks like those conversations could indicate all sides being far apart on the financials.

Hopefully this is less about money and more about Biadasz' play, this team needs to UPGRADE that position with a high draft pick or a good free agent no matter the cost.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What they probably mean is with all the huge offers they're going to make to many top free agents there just isn't enough pie for Biadasz.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Are the Cowboys trying to get a bunch of supplemental picks in 2025 and rebuild with a new coach. :huh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

According to @GehlkenNFL, the #Cowboys could be losing two members of their 2023 offensive line to free agency:

“The Cowboys do not consider themselves positioned to be financially competitive for Biadasz’s services on the open market, a person close to the situation told The News.”

The Cowboys reportedly met with the agents of Smith and Biadasz at the Combine. It looks like those conversations could indicate all sides being far apart on the financials.

I think either tyron out, going cheap in talks it all points to not redoing Dak to absorb the 59M. And let him walk next year. And then pick up Lance 5thbuear option and roll the dice for a couple of years like we did with Quincy Carter. Then hire a big name coach. Rebuild properly. Wash, rinse repeat

Gambit

Reaction score
Tyler is going to cash out for sure. He's played 65 games in the NFL and made only about 5.5 million total. That's textbook go to the absolute highest bidder no questions asked scenario.
3rd round comp forthcoming

Gambit

Reaction score
I think either tyron out, going cheap in talks it all points to not redoing Dak to absorb the 59M. And let him walk next year. And then pick up Lance 5thbuear option and roll the dice for a couple of years like we did with Quincy Carter. Then hire a big name coach. Rebuild properly. Wash, rinse repeat
They've already said they aren't picking up 5th year option