Cowboys don't expect to be financially competitive to retain Tyler Biadasz

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They love to overpay their own guys and if the funds were available I don’t doubt for a second that they would do the same thing here.
They over spent on 2023.

Cap is in the red. $9.x million.

Gotta expect some restructures this week/next.

By the time we get some June 1 cash, all the good UFAs will be gone.

#scrubs #CapBusted #Broke

Big_D

Reaction score
They over spent on 2023.

Cap is in the red. $9.x million.

Gotta expect some restructures this week/next.

By the time we get some June 1 cash, all the good UFAs will be gone.

#scrubs #CapBusted #Broke
They would’ve even overpaid Randy Gregory? Imagine that. He had to save the front office from themselves. Next 7 days, we’ll see what they scheme up. It’s not a good situation.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Don't think this is all about money with Biadasz. He is an average center with much better options in free agency and a draft with potentially multiple 1st year starters at the position. Can't see him getting a substantial contract, maybe they just think they can get better and cheaper at the position.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't think this is all about money with Biadasz. He is an average center with much better options in free agency and a draft with potentially multiple 1st year starters at the position. Can't see him getting a substantial contract, maybe they just think they can get better and cheaper at the position.
doesn't matter, it's free agency, your services are tied to the highest bidder, but if he's NOT about money and loves the Cowboys then he'll take the deal they're offering 2 cokes and a bag of plain fritos!

Creeper

Reaction score
If we had 9 picks in the 1st 2 rounds we could not get all the problems fixed.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is how Jerry plays fantasy football. The roster will be worse in 2024 than it was in 2023, but Jerry will have higher expectations. 8-9 here we come.

Let me be clear, I am not a big fan of Biadasz. He is okay but not a strength on the OL. They can certainly upgrade that position. But not signing Tyron Smith and now Biadasz means they need to use two draft picks to fix the OL. That means two important picks that will not be used to address DL and LB. This would be acceptable if Jerry would use free agency, but he will sign JAGs in free agency and the team will not get better. Every other team in the NFL will do all it can to imrove while Jerry's goal is to stay the same. This is why we do not win in the playoffs.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They love to overpay their own guys and if the funds were available I don’t doubt for a second that they would do the same thing here.
I disagree. Starting with Gregory/Zeke it seems there has been a new way of doing business.

Big_D

Reaction score
I disagree. Starting with Gregory/Zeke it seems there has been a new way of doing business.
Gregory actually saved them from another stupid deal. And Zeke was just too completely overpriced to the point where they couldn’t possibly justify it any longer. I don’t think either one was a shift in philosophy.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dallas had better continuity at OL than most teams. Playing together healthy the whole year is one of the key elements to great OL play.

Going to be some growing pains at OL most probably..

Landryhat73

Reaction score
doesn't matter, it's free agency, your services are tied to the highest bidder, but if he's NOT about money and loves the Cowboys then he'll take the deal they're offering 2 cokes and a bag of plain fritos!
Just don't see a high bid coming in, I could be wrong but there are other centers in the free agent market who are better and cheaper options in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he is resigned about 2 weeks into free agency with a contact around $4 million a season.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just don't see a high bid coming in, I could be wrong but there are other centers in the free agent market who are better and cheaper options in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he is resigned about 2 weeks into free agency with a contact around $4 million a season.
if that's the truth, then we might as well hop on that. We're cheap but I don't think we're 4 million dollars cheap

lukin2006

Reaction score
Why would you want to extend him? This team is run like garbage.